i need a rule clarify

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
hond
Looking for group

i need a rule clarify

Post by hond »

when you 'r raided...you can swap toon as you want..but when this rule stop to be applied?? once raiders leaves the craddle or when raiders are out of city frontier ?...if it's the second , what the frontiers are?? sleeth foothills and shadow legion tunels are inside or outside frontiers?

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Re: i need a rule clarify

Post by Nyeleni »

What? I guess you mean what constitutes a defense? I take it really far. I swap chars of the same faction as long as the raider hasn't brought the relic home, or capped it. So if I can catch somebody before capping, it just is defense, although technically I can be already in the enemy's town :).
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

If I'm not mistaken, the rule is that there's no swapping toons during a raid, which constitutes at least an attempt to attack an enemy cradle.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

And what exactly is an attempt? Hitting the cradle? Entering the enemy's areas? And what exactly are they? Because if it is the latter, Melencia has just one big area, and is at a disadvantage again.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

The simple rule is that when the rules apply the rule is simply that the rule must be followed and the rule is defined to be such that the rule cannot be defined other than as being defined as the rule for whether or not you can or cannot and it is defined so arbitrarily that you could even say that perhaps...
just maybe...

Its common sense.

If you need a rules check, it probably doesn't seem right, which implies its a borderline case. There's a common sense thing where if you're constantly changing toons defending, whatever, you're probably losing your defence really, really, really badly so it doesn't matter all that much. But when you're raiding? You could have those toons parked anywhere, or whatever floats your boat for some crappy reasoning. The main thing is, if you play fair, and the other guy doesn't mind - even if its against the PVP rules, nobody cares.

If everyone thinks its absolute crap, then maybe you should think if its really worth doing - because if you do it then other people will do it to you. The only thing is, unlike the last case, if you are breaking the rules, Tep gets to have fun.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

The situation: A raider picked up a relic and the defender changed from a toon in Menzo and logged a toon at a point farther away (western slope) in the hopes of intercepting the relic runner. So the question; is it important where you relog defenders at?

In a similar vein, can NC characters relog toons at eastern frontier or even beryn because those bind points are NC bind points with the hopes of intercepting a relic runner.

Or MA relogging interceptors at angmar?

Or Sleeth at one of their outposts?

etc.

I've had my hand smacked for doing the Beryn, eastern frontier, relog, and the angmar wastes relog (all by DM Kim). That was years ago. I think the point is that the relog was not to defend the city proper, but it was to log an interceptor. Once you're going on the offensive like that you are no longer defending the city but attempting a raid. At which point raider relog rules apply. If you relog a different toon in the city and then start your pursuit ostensibly you're still defending your territory because it came from the city defenses. But once you relog away from the city the only way you can engage in pvp after that is if you raid the other's cradle and the only way you can intercept is at their cradle. That was how it was explained to me in the past.

Of course if the relic runner decides to run off and hide and not cap the relic then :twisted: all bets were off.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

This is where we left off the last time i asked the question, but I like mining's answer, and that is what I suggested to hond in-game. "I like to reverse the roles and put myself in their shoes and them in mine... does it still seem fair?" If so, then all is good.

But I understood from last time that once you picked a raider, that was your 'raider'. You can only have one... i'm not gonna get into too much defense rules, so as not to diversify the topic. But everyone gets one raider and multiple defenders and you can swap back n forth however you please, as long as the other defender rules apply to your city defenders.

If you haven't raided at all (like in the current situation) wouldn't relogging to the slope be 'choosing your first raider'? Sure, you'd stick with that one for any chases to the city and now have the 30 min raider rule in effect on it, but you can go back to defense, then back to raider again. This is commonly done when a successful raiding party is carrying, and in mid-transit and they are forced to relog to defend. After a successful defense, they immediately log back to raider, pick up dropped relics, and continue home. If they were not able to do this, then they would have no options for any play at all... The rules would not allow the defender to leave their faction territory to raid (swapping raiders), nor would the single raiding toon be able to relog and grab the dropped relic. So that must be the only choice: the raider must be allowed to relog their raiding toon.

There are all kinds of what-ifs and to be honest, different people have different interpretations of this rule to fit their personal actions. They are usually not right or wrong, just a bit different to others... sometimes to a lot of others.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Of course, if you get the ok of the opposing team, you can log to whoever you want. Said ok is generally routine if you are generally respectful to the other team. Generally speaking.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

If there's one thing I've learned, common sense means nothing to rules lawyers.

See commandment 5. If you don't like it, you get to play with 6 ability points (we get to pick where they go).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

when you 'r raided...you can swap toon as you want..but when this rule stop to be applied?? once raiders leaves the craddle or when raiders are out of city frontier ?...if it's the second , what the frontiers are?? sleeth foothills and shadow legion tunels are inside or outside frontiers?

When raided of your relic swap all you want, Raiding only one toon and raid away. Asking the enemy for a different toon is a sign of weakness. Asking them for permission means you SUKK.

You may not bring a toon that is already "Stationed" in a position to benefit your cause. :roll:

When saying "Good Fights after battle" means you sukk badly.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

wipe?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

You may not bring a toon that is already "Stationed" in a position to benefit your cause.
even if you log it , and raiders still in city terictory?

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”