UMD and ranks.

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Tobias
Noob

UMD and ranks.

Post by Tobias »

I didn't see a thread on this so I was wondering how much UMD do you need to wear a Kutty helm. And on that note is there a UMD magic number that will allow you to use anything in game? If people want to add UMD rank requirements for other commonly used epic gear that would be cool too.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Rufio
PKer

Re: UMD and ranks.

Post by Rufio »

Well, I think it is 35 umd, but in the future export the item to a single player module or recreate it in the nwn toolset. The amount of umd needed is the same in standard bioware nwn. The umd needed is based on the gold value that bioware assigns to the item.
Last edited by Rufio on Tue May 01, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's by engine gold cost (we haven't modified those 2das).

For Crown of Kultach, compare 3 900 000 gold cost on the chart at http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Use_magic_device (haven't checked accuracy, but hopefully even they can't screw up reformatting a table). DC 70 if I'm reading right and remember what's on the stupid helm (alignment I think).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

It definitely isn't 70 umd. I am pretty sure it is 35. Possibly 40 at most.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

maybe 400k instead of 4mill, tough to read the stupid toolset's prices :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Havent found anything on NS4 that 45 umd wont beat
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

dethonlegs
Looking for group

Post by dethonlegs »

Alkapwn wrote:Havent found anything on NS4 that 45 umd wont beat
An evil toon trying to use the good only DE monk staff (http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... ning_Staff) requires 73 umd to equip it. I tested this with mining while considering an MA blackstaffer build

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

As a general rule, I have found that 35 is good enough for about any helm that I have come across and 45 is good enough for about any armor. There might be exceptions to those rules of course.

Weapons tend to be trickier. Two-handed weapons with lots of damage bonuses seem to be the hardest to UMD. The Bahamut Lightning Staff takes 70 UMD, and I predict that the Bahamut Cleric Greatsword and Tiamat Blackguard Greataxe are similarly hard to equip. One-handed weapons are a little easier. So far, the toughest 1 handed weapon to equip that I have come across is the Holy Avenger Longsword, which takes 55 UMD.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”