Vinemine discussion

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Rufio
PKer

Re: Vinemine discussion

Post by Rufio »

balagarn's iron horn in bioware format is overpowered and the str check doesn't work as advertised in the in-game description.

Creatures roll 1d20 + their str score (actual str score, not modifier) vs 1d20 + 20. You can use it with a level 3 caster or off a scroll and have about a 50% chance of kding any level 40 non-str build that doesn't have spell resist, and you can hit multiple targets in a single cast. (I don't edit over at nwn.wikia.com much, but that is one thing that I have worked on editing).

Also, the slow vinemine is nothing like bigby, it is essentially mass slow (EXACTLY like a wizard's slow spell).
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

wait...arcane casters do more than just bigby? when did this happen?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Probably since bigby 9 isn't completely instant-win.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

mining wrote:Probably since bigby 9 isn't completely instant-win.

Never was if you had an IQ greater than a piss ant

DM Ireheart
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Ireheart »

BlkMamba wrote:
mining wrote:Probably since bigby 9 isn't completely instant-win.

Never was if you had an IQ greater than a piss ant
Why must certain people feel that insults are a positive addition to a discussion. :roll: :roll:

Adventurer#1337
Noob

Post by Adventurer#1337 »

BlkMamba is right, Bigby9 had a double check on ac and discipline ranks, you could easily pass the ac check with a decent ac 65+ and if you were a pure fighter with 2 handed weapon and only 50 ac you could always rely on the discipline check, with the proper feats you always had a chance to dismiss it with your planar link.
Now it checks discipline without an ab check, while bigby6 checks ac but knocks you down ignoring discipline or str. Makes no sense.

Anyway about vinemine, I don't recall slow spell not checking spellcraft. Vinemine dc 45 ignores target's spellcraft and easily slows people for a good minute or more.

It looks like another nerf to the rdd to me, since is pretty hard to get reflex high on those dragons.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

doesn't mass haste auto negate slows? isn't mass haste a bard spell? aren't bards part of most rdd builds?
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Regardless of a slow spell or not, dragons are easy to avoid. Find 2 small rocks and run between them. Or stand behind a couple rats.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i heard ao jobs were op
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

The new spike growth looks interesting, but the piercing damage is really easy for anyone to resist 100% :?

Edit: what about if it were half acid, half piercing damage?
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:The new spike growth looks interesting, but the piercing damage is really easy for anyone to resist 100% :?

Edit: what about if it were half acid, half piercing damage?
Thats partially the point - idea is for it to be slightly threatening (whole party has it, can't choose not to take damage if you do) but work-a-roundable.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

Vinemine: hamper movement isnt exactly the same as mages slow...just pointing out that mages slow spell's dc is against Will save which is alot lower on many melee builds. Whereas Vinemine: hamper is against relfex.

To the staff thank you for working on this spell.
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

DC 45 vinemine? Spell is lvl 5, so lets see start with DC 10 base + spell lvl (5) + normal, greater, and epic spell focus (6) = 21

Then add in wis modifier...ummm if start build with 20 Wisdom at lvl 1 .. add in 10 ability increases for 30 ... then add a +4 tome. Ok have 7 epic feats and 5 epic bonus feats if go pure druid, but taking an epic Spell focus: conjurer so only 11 epic feats available for greater wisdome.. so 44 Wisdom ... add in ability cap of +12 from gear and buffs of wisdom score of 56... (56 - 10) divided by 2 to get Wis mod score of 23 ...

so DC would be 21 + 23 = 44 ...

I don't think you can reach 45 DC vinemine ... only 44 vinemine and even then not sure why you would make this build because it would be a Pure druid with no AQ3, no epic summon, no hell ball, no armor skin, epic focused in 1 school only, no dragonshape, no epic skill focus: disc...etc.

I don't think you have to worry about DC 44 vine mine.
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Like any dc48 build... Don't go pure.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Bargeld wrote:Like any dc48 build... Don't go pure.
Then you get even less DC because druid has a horrific epic feat schedule. Possibly with ranger you trade off 2 feats for 2 feats, but there's no amazing "level 35 means I only miss one cleric feat, and I gain 2 with CoT/gain just as many with ranger/gain 2 with HS" style deal.

Also, I can't confirm, but I THINK it applies s/c because its not a persistent AoE.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”