Jobs bonuses summary

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Adventurer#1337
Noob

Re: Jobs bonuses summary

Post by Adventurer#1337 »

looks like you haven't completed the jobs.

Btw where is the 6th faction? Or the "magic circle" doesn't want it to shine? :)

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Adventurer#1337 wrote:looks like you haven't completed the jobs.

Btw where is the 6th faction? Or the "magic circle" doesn't want it to shine? :)
Damn, you're completely right. I should drop everything I do to get straight to doing AO jobs. Everything.

On a more serious note: Spells are fun and easy to change and deal with. A bug with a spell shows up in like 5 minutes and is a half hour fix at absolute worst. Its not too painful to code - its the idea formation and balance that's the long bit, and I tend to do that in the shower or when I'm falling asleep.

On the other hand, jobs are painful to deal with, take a long time to do, and have largely hidden bugs. For example, the RK job which took off like 20 AB in some cases. Or the NC job which bugs out every 5 minutes, or the AO job which stops us from putting vermin in endgame areas ;).

Testing Vine Mine on my own instance of the server took twenty minutes. *Briefly* testing the job I have running [fairly] buglessly took about 3 hours. And, as we saw, Vine Mine had issues come implementation due to some interactions with feats in the AoE.

So yes, I want you guys to have jobs, but I also need to consider how my time (which is not infinite) best benefits the server. What matters more: Another hour or two of an eight or nine hour job, where I spend the first half hour seeing what I did the last time I went through it? Or start-to-finish in one session, write, test, implement.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

how bout get my AO jobs done and shut your whiny butt?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Rickdawg84 wrote:I checked my stats naked. I do not have "green" dex and wis stats naked. They are still showing as my base stats.

Also, do the skill bonuses from the jobs not show on your character sheet? For some reason only the +4 hide and MS seem to be showing on the skill tab of my character sheet. Somehow I also so the following...

+3 spot, +3 search and +0 listen. These should all be +4 as well.

Maybe my char is bugged?
Green bonuses as non green bonues, thats not bugged, thats blessed :)
Amoenotep wrote:how bout get my AO jobs done and shut your whiny butt?
LMAO
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Amoenotep wrote:how bout get my AO jobs done and shut your whiny butt?
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”