Is this breaking rules?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Ogami
Pk Bait

Is this breaking rules?

Post by Ogami »

IX - Thou shalt not harass another player so that it disurpts that player's enjoyment of the game. In the case of excessive PKing, it becomes harassment when you kill the same character more than three times within a six hour period (real world time). The only exceptions to this excessive PKing prohibition are: the killer stays in the same area with the intention of taking the area over for a period of time, whether or not they announce this publicly; the dead player is the one who picks a subsequent fight; the killer is defending their HOME city (not their ally's) and the dead player is within their city's limits; or if a player wanders into a fight or raid already in progress and is killed in the crossfire accidentally.

I saw these people: Nemesis DD, demona DD, Count Seweracula DD, MADD soldier of baphomet Xalox gods, Nightmare, EiE[IO]

Backstabbing a party in Dragon Eyre (kutlach, sabar, and dragonlands areas) 5 times at least, stealing the bosses loot, this must be totally against the rules. It happened this afternoon between 4 and 5 pm.
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Re: Is this breaking rules?

Post by Ajantis. »

Don't post this here. Private message to a DM...
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

This really should go to a DM, but since you wish to publicly accuse, I will publicly defend; to both charges:

With regards to the PKing harrasment, you would need to show that any one of your toons was killed 3x by the same toon during all encounters. You would also need to show that that toon did not take the first action. This was (roughly) a 6 on 6 set of encounters.

With regards to the boss loot... we came to kultach's lair. Getafix was at the immediate entrance. We killed him. Someone said 'hmmm a full kult drop right here next to him.' We left it alone. Another player went to the back of the cave and announced the presence of the rest of the group. We battled. Our group won. The next thing we saw was a bunch of shouts about us stealing your boss loot right after you killed him. Not a single player of yours even PM'd us about it or asked for a res to retreive said loot. And the loot was at the entrance of the cave. Your group was buffing in the rear... I doubt your kill was THAT fresh, and I think you had more than ample time to retreive the loot yourself, and/or inquire about it's retreival.

Our group thought the whole afternoon was fun PvP, groups running into each other unexpectedly. The loot was an iffy situation, but you will notice that we did not even say a word in return over shout, and expected to deal with it as it came along. I think that your disruption, accusation, and failure to communicate as players was a far harsher crime. Our options were to walk away from the loot and let it disappear into nothing as the room respawned or take it. Do you know which one we actually did? With that, I say Good Day, Sir.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Ogami wrote:EiE[IO]
I was only there for 2 of the fights, by the way...
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

When I first read the initiating post and read that only 3 areas (maps) mentioned, so I thought/believed there was no infraction of the PK rules. My understanding of the PK limit rules has been 3 times in an 6 (RL) hours...where the 3 times was defined by 3 maps. Once the maps of the PK was established then the Pk'r could PK that player as many times as they wanted too but only on those 3 specific maps. Since only 3 maps were mentioned I assumed no infraction was made. However, I re-read the commandment forum and seems (not sure) the rule was modified (?). Now the PK limit clarification post below the commandments state if the PK'r remains in the general area then it is the PK'D's fault for keep coming back. What is considered the general area? The pvp battles were in DE is the entire DE considered the general area or are only the specific maps that the pk's occurred considered the general area? Is the general area the map the PK occurred and just the imediately adjacent maps...or the ones leading away from or to the map where the PK occurred?
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

OpalimTeGolim
Pk Bait

Post by OpalimTeGolim »

Ah, but the questions is, as someone pointed yesterday, did the ring drop?

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Nice to see DD's are in PK business again! I thought you've gone soft.
xXenox

Dalan
Dungeon Master

Post by Dalan »

PvP is, and has always been encouraged in Aetheria.

This incident does seem push the rule a wee bit, on the 'disrupt enjoyment of the game' part of rule IX.

However, Aetheria is in a state of all-out war, as was purposefully designed by the NS4 creators. IMO, this 'game within the game' is the reason we have all been able to enjoy our server for as long as we have. Which is....6 years or so?!? Shite, has it been that long?

So, from an old DM/player perspective, I see this incident as a good thing for the serverbase. You, the players are actively encouraging PvP amongst yourselves. You, the players are giving yourselves reasons to hate other players, which in turn, grows this 'game within the game' atmosphere of Aetheria.

I ask these 2 questions of those victims involved :

1. Is it possible that your enjoyment of the game may be increased, by this incident? You now have a decent reason to login and do something other level/farm/craft or relic PvP. You have enemies, that pissed you off, and you want vengence.

2. Or, is the serverbase no longer large enough to support this type of PvP activity? (Which would mean, the NS4 staff needs to take action to prevent hunt style PvP.)
Dumathoin: Keeper of Secrets under the Mountain

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Option 3...... I kill everyone :)

PK hunting ruling on three kills does not apply if map is claimed by one of two parties. Not saying this is the case in this instance as I have not seen any SS but pointing it out.

Second just to be clear but using a grouping of multiple players to hunt and kill over and over while stratigectly making sure each toon in the fighting party does not exceed the 3 pk ruling is still not leagal. its been posted in the past.

Again not saying this was the case as no SS's have been reviewed but am again pointing out the facts :)

I still lean towards my option 3. (see above) whether by spamming my Godly kill button or gathering an army of Pox to roam the land :) mwahahahaha
Gorm-Fire Eyes

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

If you're dealing with 6v6 40s in a planar area, isn't that exactly the same as whenever levelling parties meet up? You're claiming the map to level / hunt loot, and the other crew disagrees. If there was ninja looting going on, then yeah, it would be pushing rules, but that seems pretty legit to me.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Twiggy
Newbie Helper

Post by Twiggy »

was the map ever claimed? was this claiming established?

If you guys are doing red=dead. then after you kill you gotta say this is our area you stay we kill you. Killing them and saying nothing just makes you seem like an [censored].

not saying that's what happened. But perhaps more communication would be effective.

continuous killing in certain areas without stating that area as yours would be antagonistic.
burrahobbit wrote:My mommy tells me that I am the best looking kid in school

burrahobbit wrote:We wake in the morning and piss excellence in FoN.....We win because we have better players, not builds....I think I'm starting to get this condescending thing down :lol: :lol:

F1end
Noob

Post by F1end »

Twiggy wrote: continuous killing in certain areas without stating that area as yours would be antagonistic.
antagonistic and absolutely glorious. Pronouncements are for the righteous dead.
Fiends kill without discrimination or prejudice.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Don't know, by bargeld's explanation, it seems legitimate to me. Red=dead and all that.

It is not usually a good idea to try to get things done over shout either. If someone sends me a tell asking for a disarmed weapon back or something, I'll gladly return it, even though I don't have to, but an angry shout isn't really going to help a situation like that.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Twiggy wrote:was the map ever claimed? was this claiming established?

If you guys are doing red=dead. then after you kill you gotta say this is our area you stay we kill you. Killing them and saying nothing just makes you seem like an [censored].

not saying that's what happened. But perhaps more communication would be effective.

continuous killing in certain areas without stating that area as yours would be antagonistic.
Eh. I've seen it not being claimed but being counted as claimed.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

from the grievances i read and the lack of documentation stating it was actual rule breaking i'm inclined to look at this incident as 2 planar parties met up in a bad spot a few times and things got a little heated. after all, we can't all be friends.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”