Downtime!!!! OMG!!!

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
SkotG
Looking for group

Downtime!!!! OMG!!!

Post by SkotG »

cely Post subject: NS4 Game Server Downtime-Jun 29, 2010 16:15 CDT (21:15 UTC)Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Developer

Location: The Full Beard Tavern June 29th at 16:15 CDT (21:15 UTC) - The NS4 Game Server is going down for maintenance. It is unknown how long this will take, but it could last several days or even weeks. This maintenance will only affect the NS4 Game Server, the forums and wiki will continue to operate normally. Thanks for your patience!
this unnannounced open ended downtime scares me... is something wrong? *shakes* More Info please???
Clan d'Aarn
ImageImageImage

DM-Baccob
Newbie Helper

Re: Downtime!!!! OMG!!!

Post by DM-Baccob »

Now is the perfect time to mention the donations link on the front page... there is nothing to be alarmed about, Yet!

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

hahaha...FINALLY.....I BANNED EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

SkotG
Looking for group

Post by SkotG »

^^ ROFLOL ^^

Always knew Tep was headed for World Domination

Would be willing to donate just 2 questions

Is the point of contact still DD?
&
is this a hardware, software or an hosting issue?
Clan d'Aarn
ImageImageImage

DM-Baccob
Newbie Helper

Post by DM-Baccob »

It is a preventative maintainence issue at the host site (is my understanding)

Dobian
Noob

Post by Dobian »

They should have given an advance notice. That's poor communication.

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Complaints and accusations will go nowhere and do not reflect well on yourself or others.

This is a free server that is kept alive on the backs of the hard working staff for no monetary benefits!!!!!!

It is unfortunate when things like preventive maintenance need to take place as well as unforeseen nuances that cause short downtimes or even lengthy ones.
The staff is diligently working on completing the maintenance that resulted in this current downtime of the server and for those that actually appreciate the hard work that the staff puts in we thank you.
Gorm-Fire Eyes

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Just to clear things up a bit, the hosting provider which we were using was hosting NS4 at absolutely no charge. The free hosting has come to an end, but we should still be thankful for the nearly 2 years of service they provided us. Yes, it's unfortunate that we were not given very much notice to vacate the server, but since the server, electricity, and Internet connectivity were free, we should not complain.

We are in the process of moving NS4 to a new host. That new host won't be ready for us for possibly several weeks, so in the meantime we're looking into hosting NS4 in a temporary location. However, like with all things, time is a precious commodity among the Neversummer Staff so please bear with us as we work as fast as we can given the limited amounts of time we can donate to NS4. Again, thanks for your patience as we work together to get through this relatively small bump in the road.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Merrip
Newbie Helper

Post by Merrip »

Just a thought as to the temporary location of the server, I know there would be a few players who would happily open up there internet connection/resources to hosting the server temporarily as some of us have stable good internet and computer resources to do such, myself being one of them.

I know you guys would without fail have trust issues with some people hosting the server if it indeed came to that. But just thought I would throw that suggestion out there to the peanut gallery to think about.

Sometimes in desperate time we call upon desperate measures :)

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

DM-Baccob wrote:Now is the perfect time to mention the donations link on the front page... there is nothing to be alarmed about, Yet!
I'm ashamed to say that I have donated very little, except the gift of my wonderful personality and a plethora of what can only be described as infallible advice...... :D

I believe there was a list of wanted goodies somewhere on the boards, anyone remember where?
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Dobian
Noob

Post by Dobian »

TheEdge wrote:Complaints and accusations will go nowhere and do not reflect well on yourself or others.

This is a free server that is kept alive on the backs of the hard working staff for no monetary benefits!!!!!!

It is unfortunate when things like preventive maintenance need to take place as well as unforeseen nuances that cause short downtimes or even lengthy ones.
The staff is diligently working on completing the maintenance that resulted in this current downtime of the server and for those that actually appreciate the hard work that the staff puts in we thank you.
Alright, I get your point. I don't want to come off as an inconsiderate jerk or anything. I know a lot of people put in a lot of free time making games for people to play online, here and elsewhere.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”