Combat loggin is?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.

Combat logging is?

against the rules
3%
the ultimate way to hips
9%
in bad taste but not illegal
17%
the sign of the sissy
66%
a bannable offense
6%

Total votes: 35

Kromix
Addict

Re: Combat loggin is?

Post by Kromix »

your mom is a venge log... :lol:
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

I have more than one build in the works that I fully expect will die multiple times during a single raid. Won't mean they aren't useful and well built. If you're so concerned about dying that you log out to avoid it... to me that's like saying someone else's perceptions are so very important that you'll lie to avoid disturbing them.

When someone (and it doesn't happen often, cause most people know this) combat logs on me, to me that's better than killing them. It's killing them, plus making them admit my superiority in their own mind.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

id still delevel them for being total idiots.

id delevel them and their moms.
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Joker_954
Pk Bait

Post by Joker_954 »

Bargeld wrote:Take your licks and learn from 'em. Even the easiest kills/deaths can have a lesson if you look for it hard enough.
Nailed it...

alasteir
Looking for group

Post by alasteir »

I think everyone is looking at this the wrong way....personally, I voted for the HiPsing option.

Now you can have that HiPsing pure fighter, PM, whatever. Maybe the persistent battle-loggers are just ahead of the curve, experimenting on the fringe with the PRC/SD combo.

Honestly, I agree with the above posters....it is just a game...nothing wrong with getting your hat handed to you every now and again. If a player insists on battle logging, it kind of defeats the purpose of a PvP server. Fortunately, only a few players have made a habit of it.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

its pretty silly since you don't really lose anything from dying in pvp
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Tal
Looking for group

Post by Tal »

Bargeld wrote:Take your licks and learn from 'em. Even the easiest kills/deaths can have a lesson if you look for it hard enough.
There's more truth to that than most people realize. We have dissected more than a few builds with that tactic. 8)

"Once you start down the dark path of nerfing, forever will it dominate your destiny. Exceptions to this are few. "

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

A player that combat logs gains nothing, and in the end, loses whatever respect he had within the community. Combat Logging isn't a bannable offense, but rather supposed to be enforced by the community. Examples include...
  • Planting a ridiculous amount of traps underneath where the player combat logged. Sit around and wait if you have the time to enjoy the fireworks. Fun!
  • If you're feeling a little petty, take a screenshot and save up a library of each instance of that player's combat logging habits if they're a repeat offender. If the combat logger ever posts on the forums, feel free to subtly post links to each instance of their offense, thereby dispelling any argument they might have had regardless of content - nobody values a combat logger's opinion!
  • If you're extremely petty, abide by The Golden Rule and combat log anytime you are in danger of dying and in presence of the combat logger. Sort of okay!
  • Compliment the Combat Logger's ability to increase his Hide and Move Silently skills to infinity by leaving the plane of reality entirely. Everyone loves sarcasm!

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Fricebottle I like your style..
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

P. Fricebottle wrote:A player that combat logs gains nothing, and in the end, loses whatever respect he had within the community. Combat Logging isn't a bannable offense, but rather supposed to be enforced by the community. Examples include...
  • Compliment the Combat Logger's ability to increase his Hide and Move Silently skills to infinity by leaving the plane of reality entirely. Everyone loves sarcasm!
*I didn't combat log, I used my rogues mantle!*
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Kromix wrote:your mom is a venge log... :lol:
My mom dosent play the games I do. Thank good she stiks to simpler games, caus she's got a scry cometitive side when it comes to games, and would probably find some way to repeatedly über PWN me.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Ireheart'

Post by Ireheart' »

VagaStorm wrote:
Kromix wrote:your mom is a venge log... :lol:
My mom dosent play the games I do. Thank good she stiks to simpler games, caus she's got a scry cometitive side when it comes to games, and would probably find some way to repeatedly über PWN me.
:lol: :lol:

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

P. Fricebottle wrote:A player that combat logs gains nothing, and in the end, loses whatever respect he had within the community. Combat Logging isn't a bannable offense, but rather supposed to be enforced by the community. [/list]

I expect more from you rice bottle...

according to the Neversumer commandments, and i quote:
"V - Thou shalt not relog any character to exact revenge on a lost PvP fight, whether higher or lower in level than your original character. In the case of defending your faction city, this will be allowed if you do not change the faction of your original character. Relogging a character is not allowed in order to raise fallen comrades if the area around the bodies is still in the midst of active PvP involving the same players that killed you or your party. "
followed by the following footnote at the end of the commandments, and i quote:
"Repeated violations of any of these rules carry a penalty of banishment from the Realm, which will be temporary or permanent depending on the number and severity of the violations."
later followed by the wise words of the late Yonwe, and i qoute:
"...be sure to look over the commandments as they are now: ignorance of the law is no defense!"
with that said, i recommend you change or reformulate your stance against venge logging.
Image Image

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

Are you saying that logging out the char and logging back in the same char is a venge log?
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

did willow teach you how to read?
Image Image

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”