Anything else I need to make suck?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
number one bastard
Looking for group

Re: Anything else I need to make suck?

Post by number one bastard »

Lokey wrote:I'd need to figure out what it actually does first ;) See change log.
LOL

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Not sure if it is already affected, but I think healing spells are considered conjuration and was wondering if epic focus in conjuration positively affects them. Also, healing domain gives all healing at above average. If you combine the two is it possible to max out the healing, or give some other such bonus, like the spells heal as if they are the next highest.

Just a thought.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Read the title of the topic ;). That would improve them, but I think they are already affected by foci, or was it only by cleric healing domain?
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

currently conj focus helps when you use heal offensively (as in vs undead, otherwise they save for half.) i believe healing domain empowers only the "cure" line of spells, (not healing circle or Heal/Mass Heal). that will help you get to the heal cap more quickly, which if i recall from an earlier complaint you also reach with 35 or so cleric levels. (meaning a high enough level cleric will not get any benefit from healing domain.)

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

It empowers all healing spells, circle, mass, etc, you should see it on mobs in icy crypt or HoD. Absolutely wonderful!
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Ah, but with Healing domain you can slot twice as many heals. :P

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Heh, silent or still spell gives you the same. And who wouldn't take it if you're going caster class?
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Me.
Clerics don't need to be still or silent. :D

Quicken is a different matter, though I might not want to swap out all my level 9 slots for heals.

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Is it possible to add another script to disarm that would tag the item that was disarmed in a similiar way to items that are pickpocketed. That way if someone picks up the item that gets disarmed you could still kill them to get it back. As it stands right now once the item hits the ground it's fair game and there is no way to get it back if the player doesn't want to be nice about it.

and for you healing domain vs still/silent spell healers. Why not take both to get 3x the heals?
Amoenotep wrote:i want your toon to be useless :)

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Silence is great for clerics... they can't cast spells while silenced, just like arcane casters. I made a high-discipline pure cleric once (before wipe) who was great vs. casters... silence aura with auto-silence 3, 52 SR, and epic abjuration.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

yeah DCN on reflections we all had auto scilenced clerics. they were great for farming and pretty much could walk over any caster class. though scilence still doesnt protect you from curse song. that always bothered me
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

renarð
Noob

Post by renarð »

the silence self-cast has always annoyed me, the fact that a level 33+ cleric or bard can have an undispellable and unresistable aura that shuts down casters is pretty crazy.

I would suggest nerfing it to be enemy target only or put on the list of spells breach gets rid of.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

It should be dispellable, and what about the Paladin aura that gives 20% spell failure for up to 8 hours. . . non-dispellable.

Greater Dispell = 25 + roll vs caster level +11

So max is (without auto-20 success)

25 + 19 = 44 - 11 = 33 (max dispellable caster level without auto-success)

Consider Abjuration focus feats

44 + 6 = 50 - 11 = 39 (max dispellable caster level with epic focus without auto-success)

Also Consider Abjuration Defense

39 + 2 = 41 (max dispellable caster level with epic focus without auto-success with defense)

So the only non-dispellable thing in the server is a pure caster with Arcane Defense (Abjuration).

So joy to the level 40 bards, level 40 wiz/sorc, level 40 cleric, and level 40 druids. Of which druid and wiz/sorc have the best options. Druid can self-buff, lay out AoEs and then turn into a dragon that cant be dispelled (aside from auto-breaches). And the wizard who will just lay you out either way ';P

So long story short, if you wanna dispell it . . . make a dispeller.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

renarð wrote:the silence self-cast has always annoyed me, the fact that a level 33+ cleric or bard can have an undispellable and unresistable aura that shuts down casters is pretty crazy.

I would suggest nerfing it to be enemy target only or put on the list of spells breach gets rid of.
Its quite resistable in fact if i combine it with SR its drops in and out of scilence like a strobe light
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

renarð
Noob

Post by renarð »

abjuration focus feats add to DC for saving throws.
Dispell checks are based on caster level and have nothing to do with saving throws. Is there a server change not on the wiki?

Secondly, a 33+ bard/cleric will have epic spell penetration vs a 45 SR for all the ecl 3 toons and as high as 52 SR for the pure druids and clerics. That's a 75% chance of shutting down ecl 3 toons and still 50% against purists which I still believe is undispellable (save a 20).

Lastly, running someone in and out of your silence aura will eat 2 levels off their spell mantle each pass for added annoyance.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”