Undead Control

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Blystos Re
PKer

Re: Undead Control

Post by Blystos Re »

I agree with ^
Treat it as a limited durration summon that returns to it's home plain and set it to no-xp loss.

If raiding with a reaper is ban-worthy that should go for defenders as well, now that we know.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Na the head DM has spoken, this ability is worse than useless until they change the summon so you can actualy use it and not fear being banned. Even if your just using it in HOD you still have the chance of dieing and it killing your party, or worse you running into another party up there and in the confusion it killing them.

However he is just saying dont raid with it. Bottom line. But wouldnt it be useful if you could use it for everything.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

we are trying to make is usefull..but also trying to keep you exploiters(you know who you are) under control while doing it.

like i said...wtf do you need a corpse reaper on giant mountain for? wtf do you want one in your city for killing your own ppl?

if your up in HoD and someone attacks you and your using it..its like a summon..they'll probably die to one there anyway. when was the last time you seen a crypt chanter in NS cradle room helping with relics....on its own?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Maybe if the uncontrolled critter kills an NPC or a PC, the last person to control it loses xp per level of the NPC, or loses as much as the killed player does. That would make people responsible for thier undead. :idea:

Semi-related, the ranger animal empathy seems to work the same way. If an animal is hostile and released, it might attack others also. The only difference would be the levels of the monsters involved. Can the fix be applied here also?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

all dominations work the same..if you release..it goes on its way. maybe we'll destroy it with caster death. maybe we'll make it die even if the caster releases it and you kill the caster after ;)

thatd make a caster watch his butt when he thinks he's smart ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Thanks for looking at this.
On the one hand I think it's awesome and a very nice addition, on the other I feel like unless it can be kept from inflicting loss it will be meh...

So, don't raid or defend with them until the issue is resolved?

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Yeah i really like this ability, havent even used it yet but I just like the idea of a cleric having another tool in his belt after the nerf fest of 2006.... Lol

neil420
Pk Bait

Post by neil420 »

lol I don't get yall you say here is a gun you can use it. But you can't lode it .Way even have it in the first place.LMAO

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

I can field that one Neil. It purpose right now is for pvm, and as an additional summon while fighting the badies in undead dungeons.

Its still neat even though you cant use it in pvp, but i am sure eventualy it will be made into a pvp tool that wont do unintentional things. Just give them time to sort her out.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

LOL... :D :D :D :D :D

No one has said you can't use it in PvP. Just that if you do you take your chances until the bugs are worked out.

oh :shock: :shock:
neil420 wrote:lol I don't get yall you say here is a gun you can use it. But you can't lode it .Way even have it in the first place.LMAO
You most definitely "load the gun" just don't be a monkey with it until we make a better monkey gun or find better monkies. :mrgreen:
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Well I as a player know that this may cause another player to have a respawn penalty if it kills them. I also as a player have a responsibility to ensure that I don’t intentionally cause another player to incur a respawn penalty during pvp.

If I use this to kill another player and they have a respawn penalty is it not my intention for that to happen since I knowingly took that risk? After Teps post I think the server should play it safe and not use this in pvp AT ALL until its for sure not going to cause a spawn penalty.

I for one don’t care to get banned at the moment so I am steering clear. Maybe i take his post to the letter but you know what, better safe than sorry in my book.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

I would like to add though, is it me or does an HOD undead that you can grab with any necro focus mage and a friendly bard make all the epic summons look like dire boars?

Was this intentional?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

you have to remember..summons usually cap out at lvl 20...the PM summon is different and has natural weaknesses built in. in HoD your snatching undead creatures that are meant to kill off a party of lvl 30-40 players. thats a big difference.

also..i'm ensuring you can't just "snatch one with any necro mage and a friendly bard" :)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Tsavong
Spamalot

Post by Tsavong »

I think the dominated undead should stay as they are so when the caster looses control of them they go back to normal as these are powerful undead maybe more powerful then almost any summon there should be some risk to the caster for turning this undead aganced its kind and/or taking it away from its home plane, other wise it just becomes a super summon.
Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}, Banshee {GODS}, Warlock {GODS}
MrAsimov wrote:...one thing has become fairly obvious to me: NC is already full of a bunch of rogues.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

I think that you should be able to climb the ladder and not descend, meaning planar undead stay in the planes and lower level undead should only be able to go into more difficult areas. And any attempt to take planar undead out of the planes will result in the release of the creature.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”