For those of you confused about the relic war game...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

For those of you confused about the relic war game...

Post by burrahobbit »

I have enjoyed the game in the past, but there are a few problems with it from my point of view. ***"FROM MY POINT OF VIEW"*** Just want you all to understand that i am looking at this in a purely one dimensional way, how it affects **ME** and only ME.

I am not looking forward to the game. I am at present planning on not even participating, but this will probably change.

This is how i see the game going.... *gazes into crystal ball*

NC will grab at least 2 or 3 relics because we always jump in the lead at the start. LA wont even raid till we log off so the first 6 hours of the game result is a score of NC 3 LA1 SL 2 or something like that. The next day LA shows up in force and takes all relics. LA 7 NC 3. They will have 12 defenders so its silly to attack them because they already have the lead and we don't want them to have anymore recap points till we can defend the cradle. TC and SL raid, scoring at least 5 or 6 more points for LA. Now the score is LA 12 NC 3 blah blah blah. I will log on when they have 3-5 defenders and take all the relics with the help of a few others. LA 12 NC 10.... blah blah blah. I will go to bed and some moron will raid repeatedy, LA guys will let them grab a relic and then kill them scoring 40 recap points in about 2 hours. I will wake up and check the score..... LA 50-sumthin NC 10-20, SL 10-20, TC 10-20, and MA and RK 1.

Other factions will steal a relic, and even if they cap, they rarely defend, so in essence its just another recap point for LA. They always have at least 5 or 6 players on, they DONT raid unless its an easy take and there is no danger of losing a recap point. LA for the win.....

For all of you who have great advice on how to win this game........

Don't tell me about how RK won the first event, no-one knows this better than me as it was basically RPG VS. the BB's. I kept the score close with the help of triss nawt. LA got involved on the last day and scored a ton of recap points for RK to put it out of reach. The MD's didn't play the game.

In the last game, NC had a shot (however slim) at winning, but I cant make other factions raid us when we are defending, and stop them from raiding LA when they are defending. We had all 7 relics last time for about 6 or 7 hours and had maybe 1 or 2 raiders. When LA has the relics, they score about 5 or 6 points an hour at least because of failed raids from small groups. Don't ask me why they do this, i will never understand it. I spent several hours killing folks outside NS city in a vain attempt to stop them from raiding and scoring more points for LA.

Don't tell me about how you have raided LA successfully against all odds. If you are not able to defend your own cradle and hold the relics, all you did is allow them to score 6 more points once you log off.

This is the game key, - they can always field at least 5 players- and they will win.

Again, ***MY POINT OF VIEW!!***

I understand this isn't a NC vs LA event, but to be honest with you, i don't think any other faction has a shot at beating them, and in truth, we don't really have a much of a shot either. If you made it a 5 on 5 game and it lasted 6 hours, i would play. Why waste my time with the current set up?
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Re: For those of you confused about the relic war game...

Post by burrahobbit »

The game is, i assume, suposed to show which factions is the strongest, i can tell you with out having the event. The Last Alliance.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

i can tell you how many chars are in what faction, what races are most used...what classes have the highest numbers ;)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

I hope that TC will give hard time to LA this time. And we will defend!
xXenox

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

There's a lot in that post that I am unaware of, historically. BUT I was also there for the last relic event, scoring the first point TYVM (Praise Lolth!) Shishio got the 2nd point. We then each capped another relic for a starting score of 2 - 2 - 0. I seem to remember that TC scored third. Take a look at the statue in Avendell and peruse the scores. NC in like 3rd or 4th place? LA is a majority winner and SL is a not-too-close second.

I concede to you having 'your point of view'. But I think your view is skewed :wink:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

burrahobbit wrote: LA 50-sumthin NC 10-20, SL 10-20, TC 10-20, and MA and RK 1.
Even i give shishio more credit than to just 1 cap :lol:

burrahobbit wrote:LA wont even raid till we log off
burrahobbit wrote:The next day LA shows up in force and takes all relics
burrahobbit wrote:They will have 12 defenders
burrahobbit wrote:TC and SL raid, scoring at least 5 or 6 more points for LA
burrahobbit wrote: moron will raid repeatedy, LA guys will let them grab a relic and then kill them scoring 40 recap points in about 2 hours
burrahobbit wrote:Other factions will steal a relic, and even if they cap, they rarely defend, so in essence its just another recap point for LA
burrahobbit wrote:great advice on how to win this game........
It's not JUST a numbers game.. we kinda think it through :P

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

Amoenotep wrote:i can tell you how many chars are in what faction, what races are most used...what classes have the highest numbers ;)

Ok... lets see it since you offered. :mrgreen:
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Mental
Pk Bait

Post by Mental »

Well maybe if the number of caps seems to be what wins, then why not have some kinda timer for who holds the relics the longest. I agree to a point that LA do probably have the most players. So maybe there is another way to see who is really the strongest, and not the faction with the most number of players.

But remember one thing tho burrahobbit, LA has no aligned factions. Including NC and TC I bet you guys should have just as much or more players that can work together. Same as SL and MA, because SL have come a long way in building up in numers.

These times u talk about when u r not on and u say LA has most players on. I think u r wrong because I play mostly at a time when most ppl dont, and I see a lot of TSS and at times ive seen as many as 4 DD players on. So at these times I only see 1 to 2 NS players that have chars that could actually defend, but it is rare to see many LA chars logged on when I play.

Well this is what I see when I play, so I hope u could still join the games Burrohobit, Just remember that u have TC as ur backup and they have NC as theirs.

DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Post by DM_Kim »

Mental wrote:Well maybe if the number of caps seems to be what wins, then why not have some kinda timer for who holds the relics the longest.
These are short term events. Use to have them in the past. DM's are working of a few things, you maybe seeing this type of event again in the near future.

Defenders of the Relics Is an all out war event. It's spread out over a set time period to accommodate as many players as possible to get in on the fun whether they win, lose or draw.

If your looking at this event from eyes that only sees winning as the only reason to get involved, it's the wrong event for you. Go level a lowbie somewhere instead of waisting your time.

On the other hand if your looking for an all out war, great pvp action against impossible odds, comradeship, the possibility of meeting, greeting and making new friends and allies while having a great time doing this, while having a good reason to get your characters involved in action other than killing monsters. Then this event is for YOU!!!

Participate or don't participate. It's your choice. The start and finish times are set.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Mental
Pk Bait

Post by Mental »

Ya know, I was just reading on some suggestions that ppl were making, and the 4-6 hour one looked pretty good to me :). At least just about everyone would be on for this event. I also see some responses by the dm's/devs saying it isnt gonna happen, so maybe this rule could be implemented next time in the next event? Personnaly I am gonna play just for pking :), like I always do, I rarely ever go after Relics unless I see ppl on that I know will log their high lvl to defend. Well hope everyone will have fun with the event, because the time it starts is when I have to be at work for those days, Plus the times I can play are when most ppl are not on.

Well I hope everyone has fun!! :):)

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Perhaps for this relic war event, if a relic is removed from an enemy cradle, it immediately teleports itself home, where it is happy.

This will stop "recap" points (if I'm understanding it correctly), and make the raiders head out again. And player defenders won't want you sneezing on the cradle, much less getting your relic out.

Then, after the event, put them back to normal.

:idea:

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

What about a waiver on the 3 pk rule for the duration of the event? :twisted:
6 hours is a long time to wait...

Heeza
Pk Bait

Post by Heeza »

There's probably no way of basing points on the number of players from 1 particular faction is there? For instance, 10 LA people on..they jack a relic, they get 10 points. 5 RK people on, they jack a relic, they get 20 points.

I haven't really thought all the possible exploits (if any) through. Just brainstorming a bit.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Gornickthy wrote:
Amoenotep wrote:i can tell you how many chars are in what faction, what races are most used...what classes have the highest numbers ;)

Ok... lets see it since you offered. :mrgreen:
The servants of Ilmater are interested in a demographic study with the interest of being better able to serve the denizens of Aetheria. If you have that data available, the acolytes would be forever grateful. Don't bother that FoN will want to pass said information through their inquisitorial section to make sure there is no evil messages hidden within the data.

Thank you for your cooperation and help with this matter.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Burrahobbit, Just a few comments here from a noob:

Numbers: War is about expressing dominance. You are correct that Numbers of players is a huge part of it. But it shouldn’t be balanced by rules. Was Napolean told that he wasn't allowed to conquer a country for reason of superior numbers? An “Earth-Globe DM/Dev” told him, “Um. Sorry Dude. The other country doesn’t have as many ppl as you and therefore you’ll have to limit the involvement of your population so that they have a fair chance in this war.”

Your suggestion is essentially a request to change the proposed "Relic War" to an unstructured 1v1 or 5v5 tournament. I like the suggestion and think that a similar statue for those types of tournaments would be very cool. But those are different events. LA has more numbers and that is an advantage that we intend to exercise. Its just something that you’ll have to overcome.

Your Chances: When I started playing NWN (only about 6 mos ago) LA was clearly dominant. Now though, I’m not so sure. We used to benefit from relic bonus often. Now… not so much. It cannot be understated that we have no allies and this is becoming quite apparent. I’d say in the last three months, probably only about 5-10% of the time. So its clear to me that the other factions have gotten stronger. Just look at the current relic counter if you’re still not convinced. SL (and others) close the gap consistently.

Your Involvement: I wasn’t able to participate last time cause I only had a 32 lvl and he got owned repeatedly. I’ll give it a shot this time and am totally looking forward to it. But for me it isn’t about winning. I don’t imagine I’ll be taking screen shots of my toon standing next to the trophy with a thumbs up and a big cheesy grin.

I’ll take screens of a hard kill, or a lucky one, or a “KD, Disarm, Crit” against me for laughs. These are the reasons that we play. The other day when Horus cast Bigby on me 8 times in a row, only to have Trusek dispel it 7 times (only 7) was fun. As it should be. I know Tru and I were laughing and I imagine Horus was too. Play to have fun. Not just to win.

At a minimum, try to rally with Shishio and just come create havoc. Like you said, Shishio stole a number of relics last time. Did he expect to win? I can’t imagine that he did. But he made a mark. And that’s cool. Very cool. The determination to win should never prevent you from enjoying the challenge. Personally, I’d love to see you there.

Best Regards,

- Glow -

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”