Wounding

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Heeza
Pk Bait

Wounding

Post by Heeza »

Last night I was in a zone near Beryn, perhaps its was Beryn. Anyways, there were some Clerics there that would summon those Celestial Bison. My Character is a level 9, and twice I died a quick and horrible death (more so than usual -- I'm actually quite good at it you know). Anyways, I noticed a drop of blood type icon would sometimes appear and I would take 18 points of damage. The person I was grouped with said this was the properties of "Wounding" Since I only have 68 HP's it didn't take long for me to die. Anyways, I looked up wounding and got this from the NWN Main Wiki

"Wounding is the opposite of regeneration. If you cause wounding on an opponent, they will lose one 1 hp a round until they either die or heal. "

So, was I supposed to take 18 damage each time? or has something gone amuck?

Thanks again....sorry, no screen shots.
Level 1 Human Nuisance.
Starting Feats: Beer Domain, Sleep Domain. Weapon Proficiency, Fork.
Skills: Concentration -2, Tumble 4, Bounce 4, Snore 2

Blystos Re
PKer

Re: Wounding

Post by Blystos Re »

Wounding is something the Bison does, yes. :D
As for how much I am not sure. Any of my characters that have used bisons vs. ogres have found that the damage from wounding is reduced to zero due to their damage resistance/immunity, so it may depend on what kind of armor you had on at the time. I believe it's cumulative, though, which means the amount of damage you take from a wounding attack will stack each time you're hit by a bison.

It's supposed to go away as soon as you are healed by a kit or other means, so while its dangerous it doesn't have to be deadly...I can't verify if this is the way it works, though. Hope that helps! :)

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Unless I am mistaken Wounding is a variable effect. On other servers I have played on I have seen it scale with the casters level. BTW, it is nice to see this working here. :twisted:
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

One of the denizens of the Air Plane also do wounding. nasty stuff that is
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Mage staff of affliction has wounding property. Wounding fromt he staff is not cumulative from what I have seen.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”