The Changelog Riddles

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Core
Looking for group

The Changelog Riddles

Post by Core »

Is it just me or are the riddles in the changelog getting more and more vague? I always assumed the changelog was there so old and new players could keep upto date quickly with all of the changes, or just the recent ones. Latly I have no idea what has changed anymore, and there is just a bunch of riddles. A trail for clues about things I'm not sure of. I wonder what new players think when they first come to NS4 to read the begining of the changlog, and see exsactly what this server has altered. Sorry I know how you may enjoy it, some people like a little mystery or RP. Just thought I'd speak on the other sides behalf. ty

Apokriphos
Developer

Re: The Changelog Riddles

Post by Apokriphos »

I understand your point of view Core.

Several other players have said the same over the past few weeks with regards to the clues, which is why the - hint appears beneath the log. As a rule, the vague change-log updates represent faction perks. Faction perks are an unnecessary but interesting feature recently available to every faction in game.

They work like this: When your fellow players discover their function, the change-log is updated in a more meaningful way. Regular changes (unrelated to faction perks) are unaffected.

-BannyD-
Spamalot

Post by -BannyD- »

whoa, deja vu...couldve sworn i read the same thing a couple weeks ago about the RP changes :P
-Slave- [GM]
Psycho Banny and all his forms

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

yup i posted a similar topic and the "hints" were added. this was good enough for me we cant have everything on a silver platter.
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

The change to banishment is clear, but leaves me wondering what happens when a Githzerai is banished.
Does she really get sent to Limbo? If so, then I guess we should be on the lookout for the Neutral plane sometime soon.

Mmmmm...limbo weapons.... :twisted: Only useable by: Neutral, and it becomes the weapon you're most profficient with.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Heh you make limbo sound too calm. In the D&D world its chaos innate... an evershifting plane of fire, acid, electricity, sonic, positive, negative, etc, etc, etc... and then some more. Would be fun to see ';)
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Is it just me or are the riddles in the changelog getting more and more vague? I always assumed the changelog was there so old and new players could keep upto date quickly with all of the changes, or just the recent ones. Latly I have no idea what has changed anymore, and there is just a bunch of riddles. A trail for clues about things I'm not sure of. I wonder what new players think when they first come to NS4 to read the begining of the changlog, and see exsactly what this server has altered. Sorry I know how you may enjoy it, some people like a little mystery or RP. Just thought I'd speak on the other sides behalf. ty

And just think after 4 yrs here and I thought this was a PVP server, silly me for thinking that. Maybe explaining things in COMMON ENGLISH language and then we can go on to the PVP thing that THIS server is listed on. There is places on game spy that provide a good roleplaying experience here if anyone choses. Too many games loses your audience here, thought maybe someone would of learned this already. Bring back the PVP thing and lose the friends among crossed alliances and then maybe the real PVP thingy will come back, not riddles.
I understand your point of view Core.

Several other players have said the same over the past few weeks with regards to the clues, which is why the - hint appears beneath the log. As a rule, the vague change-log updates represent faction perks. Faction perks are an unnecessary but interesting feature recently available to every faction in game.

They work like this: When your fellow players discover their function, the change-log is updated in a more meaningful way. Regular changes (unrelated to faction perks) are unaffected.
Maybe on that tone we should move this server to a roleplaying server :?: Changelogs should represent changes on the server to advance or de-advance server, riddles should be moved to bearded bard. Some focus should be focused on parties w/ crossed allancies, maybe, just maybe the server might perk up. The old Chase theory RED = DEAD, BLUE = COOL, a code that is quite effeicent if taking properly here. When you see factions have less PPL maybe there should be some perks to increase population for fair gaming here. Maybe focus on jobs that are not that good, to redo jobs and see if a factions population increases instead of waiting forever and wonder why ppl are leaving that certain faction or factions? Well all for now, toodles and do eat some FOOD for THOUGHT. :shock:

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

On another note.... I love the riddles. I love the pvp. I love the rp when we get it.

This is a great server ! The best imo! I don't especially like it when people have bad things to say about it but thats the way of the world. The DM's and Dev's and all other contributers including players work hard and invest time into NS4 and rarely with praise and adulation.
I think "fun" is all our number one priority here. I think everyone involved here has to ask themselves "Am i having fun?". If not maybe you're wasting your time. NS4 has a little of everything and hopefully everyone here can find what they need and if not there is tons of games and servers out there. As for the riddles life is dull without mystery. If you need to know every little aspect of whats going on here to try and take maximum advantage, put in the effort, we're not children and don't need to be spoon fed.
Anyway thats my 2cents hopefully it comes across as positive. Life's to short to gripe about crap.
And btw Kudos to Linuxpup and Apok you guys are doin a bang up job keeping NS interesting and fun.

"Everytime I try to get out, They drag me back in!"
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

Ryddwillow wrote:...snip...
1). Some focus should be focused on parties w/ crossed allancies, maybe, just maybe the server might perk up.
2). The old Chase theory RED = DEAD, BLUE = COOL, a code that is quite effeicent if taking properly here.
3). When you see factions have less PPL maybe there should be some perks to increase population for fair gaming here.
4). Maybe focus on jobs that are not that good, to redo jobs and see if a factions population increases instead of waiting forever and wonder why ppl are leaving that certain faction or factions?
1). Currently implemented, have you visited your allies relic cradle lately? 8)
2). Should be more prevalent these days, due to the added perks and gold gained.
3). Currently implemented as a test feature.
4). Faction perks should help here, but what you ask for is in the works as well.

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

I believe that the last change implimented was witnessed by me the other night.
I saw a Hand of Light jump into the middle of a vamp raid in Windale...and Hand the vamps their @$$es. :D

So the more powerful NPCs formerly restricted to the cities may now be found elswhere in the faction's territories?

Sweet. 8)

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

i guess that'll keep my AO lowbies outta NC terratory :(
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

Alkapwn wrote:i guess that'll keep my AO lowbies outta NC terratory :(
There are requirements for this effect, without which they will remain as normal. Seek and test and you shall find :twisted:

DOGsoldier
Noob

Post by DOGsoldier »

Ryddwillow wrote:
...snip...
1). Some focus should be focused on parties w/ crossed allancies, maybe, just maybe the server might perk up.
2). The old Chase theory RED = DEAD, BLUE = COOL, a code that is quite effeicent if taking properly here.
3). When you see factions have less PPL maybe there should be some perks to increase population for fair gaming here.
4). Maybe focus on jobs that are not that good, to redo jobs and see if a factions population increases instead of waiting forever and wonder why ppl are leaving that certain faction or factions?

1). Currently implemented, have you visited your allies relic cradle lately?
2). Should be more prevalent these days, due to the added perks and gold gained.
3). Currently implemented as a test feature.
4). Faction perks should help here, but what you ask for is in the works as well.
Here it is:

1} This is a PVP server in which it is implemented upon, should be somewhat simple so EVERYONECAN understand and not ask questions to riddles you created because most of us careless. Not everyone has 40 hours to spend here, so it should be like the KISS theory {KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID}.

2} Perks and gold mean crappola, we do it for the fun of the sport, and not just relics raids. Pretty sad that 4 factions need to group to raid for 1 faction, and 1 faction always brings 1 person, pity. :cry:

3} Shouldnt be too hard to implement on that one.

4} here is the kicker;

Joran Post subject: Jobs in the Ancient OnesPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:59 am

Developer

HEHE, ya heard that one before.

See this place{server} is like a business, the more ppl that come here and stay, the more money comes from those ppl to make donations to support Deputy Dog, Like I said before it is the KISS thoery. :mrgreen:

DISCLAIMER: I think this is 1 of the best servers here, I look forward to it's progress and in no way to make fun of ppl here. These opinions are spoken from my mouth only. You give critizism, and I will return it when I feel a neccesity to give it. The old players, DM's, and Developers in no way am I making any jest towards you. Peace and play in fun.

P.S. I wish my brother was a developer too, free stuff, oh man. :roll:

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

DOGsoldier wrote:DISCLAIMER: I think this is 1 of the best servers here, I look forward to it's progress and in no way to make fun of ppl here. These opinions are spoken from my mouth only. You give critizism, and I will return it when I feel a neccesity to give it. The old players, DM's, and Developers in no way am I making any jest towards you. Peace and play in fun.

P.S. I wish my brother was a developer too, free stuff, oh man.
I resent this statement. Making insinuations without proof is a very poor way to conclude a suggestion post. Simply because its possible doesn't mean it happens.

Your opinion is noted.

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

DOGsoldier wrote: Here it is:

1} This is a PVP server in which it is implemented upon, should be somewhat simple so EVERYONECAN understand and not ask questions to riddles you created because most of us careless. Not everyone has 40 hours to spend here, so it should be like the KISS theory {KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID}.

2} Perks and gold mean crappola, we do it for the fun of the sport, and not just relics raids. Pretty sad that 4 factions need to group to raid for 1 faction, and 1 faction always brings 1 person, pity. :cry:

3} Shouldnt be too hard to implement on that one.
your argument about not having 40 hours to spend on the server is irrelevant purely because the time is not a factor. There are people who actually enjoy spending the time trying to figure out the riddles and they don't have 40 hours to spend either. Pvp is imo the best part of this server for me, and is the only reason why so many have stuck around for so long, but its not the only part. There are people who play here who don't participate in pvp at all.

What i'm trying to say is there is nothing wrong with having a multi-faceted server. Oh and your description of the KISS method is for operations not explanations. The KISS method could be applied to explanations I suppose but then one could say the devs have given us the simplest explanation possible from their point of view. Making us go figure it out for ourselves saves their wrists from possible carpal tunnel syndrome from having to type out the explanation ;). Regardless if they did spell it out for us, it would only be ruining it for everyone else who enjoy trying to figure it out on their own. Not really fair to those willing to test and play around with the riddles to explain it for you because you want things simple. This is not your personal server rydd even though you've been here for what? 4 years? Sorry I usually just dismiss your condescending nonsense tells so I've forgotten how long you've been around, even though you tell me at least once a month (gross exageration, but you get my point).

I'm still waiting for you to have something constructive to say or contribute to this community in general. Someone of your intelligence and wit could do better. I worry that you might be like the people in that South Park episode where everyone is farting and sniffing their own "smug" reveling in how wonderful they are.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”