The new resting stuff

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Korr
PKer

The new resting stuff

Post by Korr »

Ok to start I like it... just had a few ideas.

If the getting caught while resting had a feature that checked for hide ranks or something to lessen the chance that would be cool. Toons with hide would most likely be hiding when they rest as to not be disturbed.

Something I saw today when the resting clicked in. The monsters spawned ALL go after whoever triggered it. I think this should be changed to just spawning the monsters and having them attack whoever is around... not specifically the person that triggered it. I watched a character get absolutely beaten down because I think in part he wasnt expecting the 5 dwarf elites that spawned to run past 4-5 other toons to gang him. It just seems the spawns should do what they normally do... recognize enemies and attack, not bullet shot to the trigger person.

Just a few thoughts, one for fun... one for life lol
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

--Ashe--
Looking for group

Re: The new resting stuff

Post by --Ashe-- »

I don't know, if I saw a sleeping enemy on the ground, I'd go for a slay on the easy target first too, especially considering I know it doesn't have any protections up.
Celeste Harenhaal {FoN}, Rayne Quinn {FoN}, Vin {FoN}
Shogun (TSS), Zen (TSS)
Tyrion SyN, Deviant SyN, Rahvin SyN, Venial SyN

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

at lvl 3 when you cast sleep on gobo's it only takes 1 hit to kill them.......hehehehe
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Well personaly i think that if 1 person in the party does not rest then it shouldnt trigger a thing. Keep one on watch at all times.

The fact that you can use this to spawn 5 boss's or 5 anything for that matter means its still needs a bit of tweaking.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

was hit by a rest spawn in ice trolls and noticed something odd .. it spawnd joogoo the boss we killed him and then fought the actual zone spawned one and killed him the rest spawned one was worth a good 100+ xp more than the zone spawned one IDK if this a is a known factor or not but if not then it needs checking.
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

Post by PeregrineV »

Not sure if it is scaled to party size or perhaps to the number of monsters on the screen, but noticed a big difference in solo resting (2 low level monsters), and 3 person party with 2 summons (5-7 high level monsters). And I think it also has to do with distance from mob when resting, but that is another guess.

I do like the warning. I see the green print, yet I'm still sleeping, but as soon as I wake up, there they are. Good use of sixth sense, although the direction they are going to come from is still unknown until they appear.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

From what I noticed on the resting thing, if you trigger it wakes you up while everyone else still sleeps. So they monsters should attack the REST of the party and not them. I just think its a little unduly biased with 5 people around to attack the 1 person who triggered it.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Parties I was in, everybody in the party attacked the person who triggered the spawn: "You snore!" - sounded like my wife :P
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”