Just in case

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Go'f

Re: Just in case

Post by Go'f »

P. Fricebottle wrote:
Nefarious wrote:So after reading all this, factions with 1 bind point are out of luck here? :evil:
All factions have more than one bind point. If you're implying the Shadow Legion, you're forgetting the SL Outpost that has a Rift Shard at Sshanyr.
But thats so far away its closer to your relic than mine

Not that I care other than to point out your statement is not exactly in the spirit of the thing

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Go'f wrote:
P. Fricebottle wrote:
Nefarious wrote:So after reading all this, factions with 1 bind point are out of luck here? :evil:
All factions have more than one bind point. If you're implying the Shadow Legion, you're forgetting the SL Outpost that has a Rift Shard at Sshanyr.
But thats so far away its closer to your relic than mine

Not that I care other than to point out your statement is not exactly in the spirit of the thing
Yeah, I kinda realized you meant in the spirit of defense rather than raiding. Its I defend so little I kind forget about it. :|

Nefarious
Looking for group

Post by Nefarious »

I'm just stating the obvious in which most faction cities have at least 2 BIND POINTS. If this is suppose to be a sort of equal faction along with the rest, we should be all on the SAME page! Don't ya think? :mrgreen:

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

SL, AO, and NC are the only ones with 1 bind point...does it matter how many you have in your city? its not like they are doing area take overs in them, or when relic raiding holding the doors hostage...the new ruling means that now you can just that fight inside if someone decides they need to run in.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Amoenotep wrote:SL, AO, and NC are the only ones with 1 bind point...does it matter how many you have in your city? its not like they are doing area take overs in them, or when relic raiding holding the doors hostage...the new ruling means that now you can just that fight inside if someone decides they need to run in.
Ummm I didnt read the whole thread but does this mean you can attack people on spawn. I've had this happen to me already so I just assumed it was kosher up to 3 times.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

yeah, bind points are open pvp now, which means if you respawn and they take it to you again....well....respawn better ;)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

Sparky wrote:Someone runs into a spawn zone to try and escape a fight. Kill em.
Someone's spawning, don't kill em.
Amoenotep wrote:yeah, bind points are open pvp now, which means if you respawn and they take it to you again....well....respawn better ;)
:?: :?: :?:
is it me, or are these messages mixed?

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

disastro wrote:
Sparky wrote:Someone runs into a spawn zone to try and escape a fight. Kill em.
Someone's spawning, don't kill em.
Amoenotep wrote:yeah, bind points are open pvp now, which means if you respawn and they take it to you again....well....respawn better ;)
:?: :?: :?:
is it me, or are these messages mixed?
wuh wuh wah!!! Very mixed.
It seems its alright when Teps on but not ok when Sparky's on.
oh gawd now i have to read the whole thread :(

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

its one of those things....

if your killed, thats 1...they find you in your bind point and kill you again...thats 2. so..its sounds like they have an advantage, but they've already used up 2 pk's in a short time. also, they can't just stand there while you respawn again and kill you again....you can get it once in the bind point, but after that they better move on.

if your fighting someone and they run in to the bind point for safety..chase them in and kill em
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Thats Crystal clear!!! so no repeat killings in bind points. I assume Avendell Bind point is still oflimits too pvp?

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

how does that mix with city bind points vs unlimited-pk-in-raid/defense?

Lorkar1
Noob

Post by Lorkar1 »

I saw it but never saw a response, what about angmar oasis outside chasm wall? Can you park there and kill all that come to you since they have the dragon as an exit?

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Thats camping!!
One pk i suppose but you'd have to let em go the second time. The "Camping" rule still applies all thats changed is that you can enter and pvp within the bind zone.
They expect us to use common sense. I think if your pking to the point which a player can't do anything then its considered harassment and a bannable/punishable offence.
Last edited by Alkapwn on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

you still can't disallow players from wanting to leave your area.

you can't keep players from leaving the building by camping the doorway.

you can't use relic defense/raid mind set to say its ok to camp the bind point.

you can chase a player into the bind point to finish the job

you can make a run in to kill anyone thats there...then leave

you can actively engage players who stand in the bind points so that you can't rest....this one gets tricky, call in help if you can't get it done and the offender can't initiate the combat.

i hope some of these make the rule clear as mud...
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Lorkar1
Noob

Post by Lorkar1 »

I thought the camping rule did not apply if they had an alternative exit strategy. I have been pk'd countless times and told if I didn't like it to go elsewhere since there was another way around and my continuing towards a certain place invited me being pk'd without anyone breaking the 3 kill or harassment rules since I was the one going there.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”