NS4 Change Log

Official announcements about NS4 from the Developers and DMs.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: NS4 Change Log

Post by Lokey »

Avendell = green again. One of the pre-35 dragon shapes had 10 less dex than it should have (brass I think).
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Ok, so: One big change for today, Turn Undead.
All numbers round down
Hit Dice Limits

When making a turn attempt, the caster makes a check for the maximum hit dice (against player characters) or challenge rating (against non-player characters) of a single enemy that one can turn and the total hit dice/challenge rating one can turn. The nearest enemy within 20 meters (60 feet) is affected first and then the next nearest creature, and so on until the total hit dice/challenge rating limit is met or no more enemies can be turned. Enemies with greater than the maximum hit dice/challenge rating cannot be turned.

Turning Level

A character's Turning Level for the sake of turning calculations is equal to:

Cleric level + Paladin level + Blackguard level

or

Blackguard level + Fighter level if the character has no third class

Maximim Hit Dice
The maximum player hit dice or monster challenge rating of a single enemy that one can turn is equal to:

Turning Level + Charisma Modifier/10 (+ 1 with Sun Domain + 1 when wearing The Acolyte's Medallion)

Total Hit Dice

The total number of player hit dice or monster challenge ratings affected are equal to the greater of the below:

Turning Level + Charisma Modifier/10

or

Charisma Modifier * (Turning Level/6) + 1

Turning Effects

Good/Neutral Casters

If the caster is Good or Neutral and belonging to any faction except the Mystral Ascendancy, enemies will be knocked back and knocked down for 2 round and take (Cha/2 + Turning Level/20) * 1d8 divine damage. If the caster has twice the hit dice as the enemy's hit dice/challenge rating, they are destroyed instantly instead. Once turned, a creature is immune to the effects of turning for 10 rounds (regardless of if it is evil or good turning).

Evil Casters

If the caster is Evil or Neutral and belonging to the Mystral Ascendancy, enemies will be drained of (Cha/2 + Turning Level/20) AB, AC, and all saves for 10 rounds. If the caster has twice the hit dice as the enemy's hit dice/challenge rating, they are dominated instead. Once turned, a creature is immune to the effects of turning for 10 rounds (regardless of if it is evil or good turning).

Turnable Races

Undead are turnable by all Clerics, Paladins, and Blackguards by default. Some undead may have turn resistance, which is added to their hit dice/challenge rating to resist turning.
Elementals are turnable by Clerics with Air Domain, Earth Domain, Fire Domain, and Water Domain. Only creatures with an elemental visual model can be turned. This includes druids when using elemental shapes.
Vermin are turnable by Clerics with Plant Domain.
Constructs are turnable by Clerics with Destruction Domain. Unlike the Bioware implementation, constructs are now turned in the same manner as undead.
Evil-Aligned Outsiders are turnable by Clerics with Good Domain. The outsider's spell resistance is added to its hit dice/challenge rating to resist turning.
Good-Aligned Outsiders are turnable by Clerics with Evil Domain. The outsider's spell resistance is added to its hit dice/challenge rating to resist turning.
All Outsiders are turnable by Clerics, Paladins, and Blackguards with the Planar Turning feat. Spell resistance is ignored with this feat.

Player Races

Azerblood, Aasamir, Tiefling, Earth Genasi, Fire Genasi, Water Genasi, Air Genasi, Githzerai, and Githyanki are all considered outsiders for the purposes of planar turning. For the purposes of favored enemy and other racially-based bonuses they are still considered to be their base race.
Player characters receive +1 to their hit dice to resist turning when wearing The Acolyte's Medallion. This bonus is not granted when a player is polymorphed or shifted.

Source: http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... urn_Undead
Last edited by mining on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Thanks to rufio for your great wiki page I just totally stole :)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

A small change: Boss CRs are now normalized compared to their zones (lol CR 38 Addi in Skara) but are worth multiple times more XP instead.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Bunch of changes:

Fixed some Assassin bugs.
Fixed some silence bugs - please test this out, silence should no longer bug out and permasilence you.

Balagarns Iron Horn: Fort save or knocked down, if you're a bard (not a 5 level dip in a 35 wizard build, mostly bard) it will blow away any nearby silence auras and remove silence.

Inferno: Duration is now defined by CL/2, capped at 15 rounds.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

To give you an update: We have stuff in the works, there's been a few little changes here and there not worth mentioning. We should have some meatier, more interesting changes coming your way in ~1.5 months or less.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

War Cry:

Now 1d4 from scroll, 1d6 from bard, 2d4 from pure bard or impure bard with artist feat (this one's for you linux) and 2d6 for pure bard AND artist feat. All dice refer to the sonic damage buff to self.

SL Token: Changes as discussed, specifically:

Mask now offers 25% conceal vs melee and 50% vs ranged.

Poison stick (?) now offers damage on your character, not on your weapon.

Edit: Oh yeah I totally forgot but yeah druids got a tiny buff:

For every level after 26th you will gain additional spell slots to the schedule 5/6/7/8/9, as illustrated in the incredibly well made table below:

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Damage on SL token lowered to match that on TC token.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Stopped double damage bug on MA damage shield token.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Extended Shadow Evade progression to 30.

Code: Select all

Level Concealment  DR  DodgeAC Hide/MS
4          20     +3/5    1       1
6          20     +4/5    2       2
8          30     +4/8    3       3
10         30     +4/10   4       3
12         35     +4/12   4       4
14         40     +4/12   4       4
16         40     +5/14   4       5
18         45     +5/16   5       5
20         45     +5/16   5       6
22         45     +5/18   5       6
24        50     +6/18   5       7
26        50     +6/20   6       7
28        50     +6/20   6       8
30        50     +7/22   6       8
Assassin improved invisibility now provides 60% concealment at level 15 Assassin.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Tweaks to Bigbys:

Bigby 6: CL AB reduced to 90% CL from 95% CL. Knockback slightly reduced. Damage die lowered from d8 to d6. Knockdown is now a check: Hand AB vs Disc + d20.

Bigby 7: Check now checks CL + {int/cha}/2 +d20 vs level + {str}/2 + d20. Slightly decreases the advantage that a focused int caster has over a strength build, and allows the RNG a little more power.

Also, yes, this is subject to change based on feedback.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Dragon Knight:
Solar strength increased by 8 points
Slaad strength increased by 6 points

Turn undead:
Acolyte's Amulet now adds +1d2 to the turn-ee's roll instead of just +1.

Tweaks to the breach line of spells:
Mordenkainen's Disjunction:
Remove Shapechange from list
Add Premonition to list
Add AVA to list
Add Protect From Spells to list

Greater Spell Breach
Remove Premonition from list
Remove AVA from list
Remove Protect From Spells from list

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Githyanki token now lasts for {Level/10 + 1} rounds instead of {level/10+1}d2 rounds.

Confusion now has a chance of making the character perform an emote instead of attack a nearby target.

Fight Pit enhanced.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Speed formula adjusted to reduce monk's speed when hasted back to desired bounds. (Hattip to Korr.)

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Monk speed with haste progression altered to the following relation.

Code: Select all

Monk level       Monk Speed      Haste Speed    Total Speed
0                +0%             +50%           150%
3                +10%            +45%           155%
6                +20%            +40%           160%
9                +30%            +35%           165%
12               +40%            +30%           170%
15               +50%            +25%           175%
18               +60%            +20%           180%
21               +70%            +15%           185%
24               +80%            +10%           190%
27               +90%            +5%            195%
30               +100%           +0%            200%
33               +110%           +0%            210%
36               +120%           +0%            220%
39               +130%           +0%            230%
Feedback is, as usual, welcomed.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Fixed issue where Rat Mother in Exterminator Job only spawned on an extremely long delay.

Return to “NS4 News and Announcements”