NS4 Game Server Downtime-Aug 16, 2012 11:00 EDT (15:00 UTC)

Official announcements about NS4 from the Developers and DMs.
cely
PKer

NS4 Game Server Downtime-Aug 16, 2012 11:00 EDT (15:00 UTC)

Post by cely »

August 16th at 11:00 EDT (15:00 UTC) - Due to circumstances beyond our control, we need to vacate our existing hosting provider (DM Sultan). On behalf of all the players and staff, I would like to thank DM Sultan for his nearly 2 years of excellent service in hosting the NS4 Game Server.

The NS4 Game Server will be migrated to my house and live there on a temporary basis. Hopefully this process will only take a few hours, but it could take a couple of days if we run into any issues.

We are in the process of finding a permanent home for NS4 and have a few options already, however each option available has its drawbacks. If there is anyone in the community that would be willing to host the NS4 game server free of charge (we have no operating budget), please PM myself (cely) or Tep (Amoenotep). When considering your offer to host, please keep the following in mind:

1) Must have reliable power year round.
2) Must have adequate climate control year round.
3) We would prefer a business class internet connection (for reliability, not throughput, NS4 uses only about 300Kbps at peak)
4) You must have physical access to the server at all times and be willing to help troubleshoot or your fellow players will hunt you down with torches and pitchforks.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

cely
PKer

Re: NS4 Game Server Downtime-Aug 16, 2012 11:00 EDT (15:00 U

Post by cely »

The migration has been completed as of 12:50pm EDT. As with any server migration, please be aware that things might be rocky for a while as the load ramps up on the server. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to smooth things out.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Return to “NS4 News and Announcements”