Hello Everyone!!!!

Official announcements about NS4 from the Developers and DMs.
DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Hello Everyone!!!!

Post by DM_Kim »

Hi boys and girls. How's everyone doing? Good I hope. (you all miss me? :mrgreen: )

To my Canadian brothers and sisters.. "Happy Turkey Day" and hope all is well with both you and your families.

You'll have to excuse the way this post may read or is laid out. I had to dictate it to hubby and all I did was copy and paste, because I still can not sit up for more than a minute or two.

To bring you all up to speed with me, I may not have been around but I have not left either. Last week I had a fast check of my E_mail and saw a few expressing concern. I should imagine there are some in my PM's as well. To all I thank you very much.

So to bring you up to speed as to why I've been away and will be for a couple of more weeks yet. I have a condition call Degenerative Joint Disease. It's something i have had pretty much all my life. The bone in my joints simply "rot" away very slowly. Back in 1987 I twisted my left knee which accelerated the condition there and caused me to have several surgeries to try and repair what they could. Some of it worked. The knee has never really been the same since, but I could get around. No more fast dancing mind you. Out side of that for the most part, movement was pretty much normal.

What happened now is that my left hip joint, because of favoring that side since 1987 has now gone into the same state where I have problems. (It's also an age thing so don't get any older if you can help it. *giggles*) About a week before I "left", on night as I stood up, my left hip made a pretty good attempt at dropping me to the floor in pain. Fortunately I have som eheavy duty pain killers on had so for that week I was able to handle the pain while sitting.

Then one night while on IRC, the pain just became too much. After a bunch of doctor visits, x-rays, tests, the condition was revealed and I saw what was happening. There are a couple of small bone chips kind of stuck there that cause the heavy pain while in a sitting position. It's much less if I am laying down or reclining. Unfortunately, my computer system is not geared to having me on-line while laying back on the sofa. I can only sit for a minute or so before the pain gets intolerable.

There is good news on the horizon. Next week, I go in for Laproscopic Surgery under a local anaesthetic. They will make 3 small cuts on my hip, 1 for a camera, (I get to watch), 1 for draining, and a 3rd for doing their work through. They are going to remove the chips, and scrape the joint a bit, making it smoother and flush all the nasty stuff out. They say within a few days afterwards I should be able to sit up again with little or no pain. Walking should be good too. No more crutch. The only real cure for this condition is joint replacement. My joints haven't reach the stage for that. hopefully they never do.

So I'm on my way back. I miss scaring you guys and tormenting others, just can't wait to get back at it. I even miss some of you. Once back I'll be checking out my e-mails and pm's and will reply to you all. There's work I need to be doing to in Aetheria

So for now "Huggers" and I might be down for now but most certainly not out. See you all soon.
Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

cely
PKer

Re: Hello Everyone!!!!

Post by cely »

I hope your surgery goes well Kim, our thoughts are with you.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Get well soon, we miss ya :)
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Hope all goes well, we miss you!
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Ghostly
Dungeon Master

Post by Ghostly »

Yup, our thoughts are with ya :)
Brandobaris, The Irrepressible Scamp

if i didn't do it... someone else would have...

Return to “NS4 News and Announcements”