Traps

Please post any bugs found or problems encountered here.
shield
Developer

Traps

Post by shield »

As you've probably noticed when connecting to the server, traps are in our list of things not working. I've been testing them quite a bit and they actually seem to be working a lot better than I expected. So if their are any players who would like to give traps a good test, it would be great to get some feedback. Just after info about bugs / missing stuff in a basic trap system so we can cross if off the list of things to fix.

Things to consider amongst other things:

[*]Are the traps party friendly? this should not happen
[*]Do they harm the player who set them? this should not happen
[*]Do the different trap types all work?
[*]Do the high level traps have different level of dc and dmg compared to lower level traps.
[*]Work in PVP and PVM?

Would help us out quite a lot to know this stuff.
Kord - The Brawler

TheBestDeception
Developer

Re: Traps

Post by TheBestDeception »

I had mentioned in IRC that you can't see the DC and dmg the trap does to other creatures, and how that was the only thing I had noticed. That is, until I played with Sonic Traps:

Also, might be a NWN2 engine issue (or PnP rule for that matter), but is it correct that you do not Take-20 when out of combat and setting a trap?
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

TheBestDeception
Developer

Re: Traps

Post by TheBestDeception »

Electrical Trap chain effect can kill the trap-setter. As with the Sonic trap pictured above, you do not gain XP for the kills, and you lose XP upon respawn. The minor trap also did 60 dmg, which seems kind of steep for an 18-gold item as used by a lvl 1-2.

Edit - lack of XP gain may only be when you kill yourself in the process.

Tanglefoot Trap affects party members and yourself.

Neutral (non-hostile) creatures DO set off traps

Aesthetics: Minor Acid Splash effect is negative energy; Minor Frost effect is acid.
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

Return to “NS5 Help and Support”