NS5A um, Glitches?

Please post any bugs found or problems encountered here.
cely
PKer

Re: NS5A um, Glitches?

Post by cely »

Note to self: add a Britney Spears mob...
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Oddity! :shock:

Highlight a Longbow, hit examine, and scroll all the way down the panel.
(it doesn't matter if you close the panel or whether you just highlight the next item and hit examine)
Then examine a Helm (it will show a blank panel)
(again, closing panel doesn't matter here)
Then go examine an enchanted Longbow (the panel will begin already scrolled to the bottom, it seems to store a variable for the examine panel that tells where you are at, in this case, it remembers that you are at the bottom)
Scroll back up to the top of the panel
Go back to the Helm and examine again and it is normal.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

shield
Developer

Post by shield »

Bargeld wrote:Oddity! :shock:

Highlight a Longbow, hit examine, and scroll all the way down the panel.
(it doesn't matter if you close the panel or whether you just highlight the next item and hit examine)
Then examine a Helm (it will show a blank panel)
(again, closing panel doesn't matter here)
Then go examine an enchanted Longbow (the panel will begin already scrolled to the bottom, it seems to store a variable for the examine panel that tells where you are at, in this case, it remembers that you are at the bottom)
Scroll back up to the top of the panel
Go back to the Helm and examine again and it is normal.
When you say examine, do you mean examine the item within the store? Just trying to narrow down the problem.
Kord - The Brawler

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Oops, i deleted the first half of my post because it was longwinded and just left the meaty step-by-step. This only occurs in a store panel, once you have initiated it with a merchant. "hit examine" means you hit the examine button in the store panel.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Hello.

Arrashan - Garagoth Sewer does not appear to have any texture on it, resulting in everything being green and making navigation difficult.

I can equip the highest level arrows despite being only level 7. And for shops generally: low level shops carrying Divine items seems kind of weird, especially when they don't cost a whole lot / are easily accessible.

Rift Shard in the Arroyo Temple does not appear to be working.

Various areas don't seem to have any creatures spawning. Examples:
Melenchor - Woodside Cliff (also has a cave entrance that is non-functional)
Savanah Woods
Savanah
Garagoth Walls
Mysterious Cave (Crossroads)
Old Mar Road

Still new here, so that's all for now.
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

TheBestDeception
Developer

My character recently gained the Swift Tracker feet, but has encountered the following problem as a result:

Transitioning to Old Mar Road fails now, while transitioning to Garagoth apparently worked. Either way, there is a survival check and the accompanied dialogue. There is no such survival check or dialogue when moving away from a Random Area. Might be related to the lack of target for "follow them to..." on the Old Mar Road check - does it not ever send you to a Random Area? Anyways, I'm not sure who I was following, since there was no one else in the server at the time.
But, it's such a draining job that, until you've DMed on an NWN server yourself, you the playerbase, have got to cut the DMs some slack. - Flailer

TheBestDeception
Developer

TheBestDeception wrote:Transitioning to Old Mar Road fails now, while transitioning to Garagoth apparently worked. Either way, there is a survival check and the accompanied dialogue. There is no such survival check or dialogue when moving away from a Random Area. Might be related to the lack of target for "follow them to..." on the Old Mar Road check - does it not ever send you to a Random Area? Anyways, I'm not sure who I was following, since there was no one else in the server at the time.
Ugh, well its unfortunately more random than I had thought, as I can get through to Old Mar now, but randomly cannot in other areas. Seems that where the DC is very high (100+), and I auto-fail the roll, the transition is made OK. Perhaps the failing to transition occurs when I succeed the roll AND there is no one else on to actually follow, not sure.

TheBestDeception
Developer

Tiny issue, but Masterwork Club (+1d6 dmg; +1d4 crits) appears to be better than Enhanced Club (+1d6 dmg)

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Kromix wrote:- Masterwork morningstar... only has the ball. its a ghost handle and chain
Fixed.
TheBestDeception wrote:My character recently gained the Swift Tracker feet, but has encountered the following problem as a result:
Disabled the tracking feature until we can rework how/when it is used when people take the Swift Tracker Feat.
TheBestDeception wrote:Tiny issue, but Masterwork Club (+1d6 dmg; +1d4 crits) appears to be better than Enhanced Club (+1d6 dmg)
Fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

TheBestDeception
Developer

There are several doors in the Garagoth Traders Ruins (namely, Northwest of the map) that can be opened, but lead to nowhere / edge of the map, and with no texture behind them.

TheBestDeception
Developer

Items / Merchants: Generally, seems random item types are missing from the various merchants. Ex:

* Heal kits, Daggers, Cloaks not in merchants outside of Meddia
* No belts in Meddia Merchant
* Divine / Planar arrows showing up - though I understand that's more of a points issue than a merchant issue
* No armor at Dwarven Forge Smith (Arasshan) - unsure if intentional. Magista the Traveling Merchant has armors and a masterwork pot helmet but no belt/boots/gloves.

And then there was the question posed to Flailer in IRC, namely, whether or not the additional types of armor would be made available via merchants. As is, you can only obtain cloth, 2/6 (light), 4/4 (medium), and 6/2 (heavy). I think Meddia had one Mithril armor, but not sure if that was a mistake, since no other variations on the armors are available.

Jacks Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Jacks Revenge »

Just a few things Ive noticed. Not sure if they have been covered or not.

Merchants dont sell any type of healkits or Heal Pots, in any other town besides the town in Meddia. This is annoying because you have to keep going to Meddia to get healing type items.
Also, the ewok looking village in the trees (dont remember the name) its every easy to get stuck along the railings, happened like 4 times to myself and another player..
Not sure if this is intentional or not, but if you are in party and transitioning to a different map 9 times out of 10 the people in a party go to different random maps, this is problematic if you are low level and get unlucky with Bandit Cutthroats spawning.

Looks great.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

the random map thing is part of the random map fillers on transitioning.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

The design is to have everyone in your party to land on the same map.

We'll add that to the list. If you can identify situations where people do transition together in the party at the same time as opposed to landing on different maps, that would be helpful. That's the kind of thing that's hard to test in a development environment.
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Jacks Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Jacks Revenge »

Ill try to keep a tally of which transitions send us to the same random map and which dont, but ironicly it seems Random, sometimes we land on the same map, sometimes we dont..a majority of the time we dont...

Return to “NS5 Help and Support”