What can you say about the Reavers?

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

What can you say about the Reavers?

Post by Rainswept »

Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?

~Jayne Cobb, Serenity.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Re: What can you say about the Reavers?

Post by Ryddwillow »

Who is the leader here for future announcements?

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Rainswept wrote: Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?

~Jayne Cobb, Serenity.
This used to be your signature. Funny thing. I always thought this quote was a bit quirky. I'm thinking but isn't he a Reaver? What's all that mean? and what kind of girl says a thing like that...

The wife and I joined Netflix a week or two ago and I'm not sure how I stumbled upon it. I think I sorted by TV shows with High Ratings and and stumbled across "Firefly". So I threw it in the queue. It arrived on last Friday. We going to watch some crap or something and I said, ya wanna try that Bug Show? She's like, "Meh. Whatever. Prolly going to sleep soon so sure."

We watched about 5 mins. Some stupid battle where the generic good guys lose or something. She looked over at me with 'that' look. The one that says "Really?/Seriously?". I shrugged and said, "Hey I took a chance. It had good ratings..." So she went to bed. I went to NS4 per usual.

The next night (Sat) we were out to dinner with another couple. My friend Jeff and his wife love Sci-Fi TV shows. So I says, "Jeff, you ever watch Firefly from like 2002 some space /western..." - "Sure." - "It sucked. We watched 5 mins. Its in the mailbox right now." - "Dude, give a little more. Its really good." - "K. Whatever. I guess."

So Sunday I dig it out of the mailbox and bring it back in. I ask the wife if she wants to give it another try to which she says, "meh. whatever." (we say that alot. lol.)

And much to our surprise we were hooked after the next 5 mins. The wife was like, "are there more?" She stayed awake until an unprecedented 11pm on a Sunday. The netflix queue now has disk 2, 3 & 4 plus Serenity - The Movie as the next few items. Great find.

And THaT's when Rain's totally illogical quote made perfect sense.

Kind of funny to me also that the creator contributes to a charity named "Equality Now" and has a movie named Serenity. ala : Serenity Now | PWnD

Laters,

- Glow -

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Glow, glad to have you aboard... a lil trival.. when the seriers was canceled.. there was such a continual uproar from the viewng public that they ended up making the movie to shut us up. As for sci-fi series.. firefly is about as real as it gets.. and just wait till they encounter the 'mudders' and you get to see a whole new side to the man they call Jane..

Try to watch the series complete before you watch the movie.... its a much better view that way.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

meh. whatever.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

Amoenotep wrote:meh. whatever.
exactly. i say that a lot. :)

- Glow -

Chernobyl_Glow
Newbie Helper

Post by Chernobyl_Glow »

I agree shadow. Fox apparently aired the pilot and a bunch of the episodes out of order. And many people saw the movie and said, "oh. that was based on a TV series?!" then watched the series. Fortunately, since I found out that the movie was based on the series i did exactly what you recommend. watched the series first (just finished it). Have the movie now and will probably watch it tomorrow. Can't wait.

- Glow -

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Unfortunatly Firefly had a huge underground following but it didn't have the ratings that fox was hoping for. After it was cancelled the on-line community supported the series and movie so much they almost got a space capsule named "Serenity". Check the poll on the lower right.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/name_ISS/index.html
Amoenotep wrote:i want your toon to be useless :)

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Firefly is one of my favorite tv series. Relay sad it got canceled. I silently curses fox every time I think of it! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Looking at the nasa poll, I wonder ho many ppl will sign a petition to have iis renamed serenity :)
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Return to “Ragnar's Reavers”