hi guys, why no one ever on?

priestofbast
Looking for group

hi guys, why no one ever on?

Post by priestofbast »

i know i'm on the the other side of the flippin' planet from most of u aussies, but i never see any RR on any more. what's up with that?

just wondering....sure is lonely with a player list that's half DD and half IO all the time....

Catfoot
Reaver . .. . .. .[RR]

--Ashe--
Looking for group

Re: hi guys, why no one ever on?

Post by --Ashe-- »

Maybe that is just the universe telling you that one [RR] is equal to half a server of SL heathens.
Celeste Harenhaal {FoN}, Rayne Quinn {FoN}, Vin {FoN}
Shogun (TSS), Zen (TSS)
Tyrion SyN, Deviant SyN, Rahvin SyN, Venial SyN

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Or maybe RR has realized it is pointless to swim against the tide. :twisted:
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

join SL....its the new LA :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Tru3Fals3
Newbie Helper

Post by Tru3Fals3 »

Amoenotep wrote:join SL....its the new LA :)
lol ive been hearing that a lot.
Lorkar wrote:Or maybe RR has realized it is pointless to swim against the tide. :twisted:
being on the winning side all the time gets boring. who are ya gonna raid? yourselves? :mrgreen:
besides, swimming against the tide makes you stronger :twisted:
im having plenty of fun in RK.

but catfoot, it is because we are on the other side of the planet being that most of RR are Aussies, im prob the only one that stays up till 8am (being that i have some insomnia probs) to see ya on, when i'm on at night here (sydney) there's usually quite a few RR on, we'll just have to recruit more US and European members for ya to play with.
The truth is just an excuse for those with a lack of imagination.
Amoenotep wrote:i still think everyone is just truefalse multi logging an entire server together :(

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

As if I needed more reason not to. :lol:

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Except for not nearly as many people.
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

I don't know about that - there's a lot, and during raids you can genrally count on at least 4 or 5 logging to defend. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

i was afraid it was just that we were out of sync.

and i'd rather be dragged across half an acre of broken glass, liplocked to the exhaust pipe of a 57 chevy, while being hosed with tabasco sauce ...than join SL with the guilds that currently taint it.....

just a personal judgment call tho. :mrgreen:

catfoot

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

priestofbast wrote:i was afraid it was just that we were out of sync.

and i'd rather be dragged across half an acre of broken glass, liplocked to the exhaust pipe of a 57 chevy, while being hosed with tabasco sauce ...than join SL with the guilds that currently taint it.....

just a personal judgment call tho. :mrgreen:

catfoot
Hey!! I saw that! No mokking my presious horsemen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

frogofpeace wrote:I don't know about that - there's a lot, and during raids you can genrally count on at least 4 or 5 logging to defend. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Bah! 4 or 5? Why that's nothing! Back in my day, when men were men, elves were elves, and dwarves were uhhh drunk, LA would log 9 or 10 defenders some epic battles would see 15 or 16 defenders. Why I remember one particularly glorious battle where TC/NC rallied 9 raiders against 15 defenders. They are the power and the glory right now, but 4 or 5, *pish* I scoff at SL's 4 or 5 defenders!!! :wink:
-Blystos Re-

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Although those 4-5 SL defenders seem to be able to do the same job as your 10-15 LA defenders. Hmm.. quality over quantity?
Amoenotep wrote:i want your toon to be useless :)

Shamed Monkey
Looking for group

Post by Shamed Monkey »

More like your main competition took a break. Heh, DD thinking they're good...Silly DDs.

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

MLoki wrote:Although those 4-5 SL defenders seem to be able to do the same job as your 10-15 LA defenders. Hmm.. quality over quantity?
I won't say that you're better quality over LA. And you're 4-5 defenders haven't done the job against me and my brothers yet. If 4-5 SL players can stop 4-5 FoN raiders then hats go off to you. However, based on Leopold's success against you, and Feszick's success, when kermit and me get rolling, it may be a different story. I haven't even raided SL yet hehehe, and I truly am looking forward to see how menzo has changed.

Back on topic, based on past experiences, prewipe LA could pick 10 defenders that were every bit as good or better than any of the SL defenders i've seen on postwipe. I'm not saying that SL has no good players, I don't even really know who is playing there besides, nob, you, fezz, and romie. I'm assuming its safe to say that SL has a solid core of quality players, but I won't say that you're better quality than LA either. I'd stack the top 10 players of LA pre-wipe (top ten active players just before the wipe) against any SL player and favor them to win. Look at Celorn, Vaga, Jebbo, Mamba, neil, mental, the list goes on and on, that's a list of very accomplished and experienced builders who can get a lot out of whatever they build. Sorry you're quality argument falls far short. You just haven't faced a determined Northern assault, all your acclamations of greatness still come off like "delusions of grandeur," but we'll get to find out soon enough.
-Blystos Re-

Fezz
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Fezz »

HEH.

All ill say is the entire argument is basically mute. I played on both sides of the LA golden era your refering too and for what its worth the players you seem to think are so good - are not. The one thing they had was numbers.

We struggled big time to even get near equaling the LA numbers in a raid and most times it was 2 defenders to evry 1 raider. Hey im not saying 1 maybe 2 of the names you listed are not good builders, they are as far as the X MD guys go it was and probably still is the brainchild of 1 guy and we all know who that is. He has a notebook full of builds and hands them out to his cronies to build them incase you didnt know :P

And for what its worth and yep ill admit im freely biased :mrgreen: Ill take Romie and the ferret man and the rest of the SL/::DD:: crew anyday of the week over anyone else.

Oh and I dont just run in SL :P I have a lvl 40 TC shifter a 37 NC pally a 28 MA Palemaster, and am now lvl 9 on something new from RK a pally/rogue build - the only place you can combine those 2 btw. LoL not joining a guild and building whatever ya want whenever ya want and even raiding SL later on is one of the few or only pluses for remaining the loan wolf player.
Good Day!, I Said GOOD DAY !

Return to “Ragnar's Reavers”