all GameSpy favorites read offline…

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

all GameSpy favorites read offline…

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

Greetings Ye Who Hold the Knowledge,

A few days ago NS4 (along with all my other favorites on GameSpy favorites) read offline…

Trying to connect trough my shortcut…
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwmain.exe +connect ns4.nsrealm.com:5121

Always times out…

Direct connect using…
ns4.servegame.com:60001

Always times out…

All the rest of the net seems to be working fine except NWN servers???

This issue appears to be an ongoing problem as shown by a post below from 2011…

When I log into nwn, all the servers on my history/favorites tabs appear offline and I cant direct connect to servers even through the nwnmain.exe shortcut that is supposed to bypass gamespy. I've tried disabling my firewalls and antivirus protections to see if they were blocking nwn in any way and it didn’t help.

I just recently reinstalled nwn to no avail and I've tried updating my DirectX through help from Team Stupid and that didn’t do anything from what I can tell. I've called my ISP and they say everything seems to be working fine and they have no idea how to fix it.

Now, i started to think that maybe it was ports on my router that weren’t open, so instead of looking through them, I bypassed the router completely and it still didn’t help. The problem seems to be something in my network because it happens on my dad's PC and my friends laptop that picks up wireless signals from the tower next to my house. So, I'm really baffled by this. I started to think that it was because the gamespy master servers were down, but if that were the case, wouldn’t it be affecting EVERYONE from seeing the servers and not just me? If anyone has suggestions as to how I can fix this, please, do tell.

-------

I’ve never had this problem in 3 years, now all of a sudden all my GameSpy favorites read offline just like the above post…

Surely someone must know a solution after 2 freakin years… :?
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: all GameSpy favorites read offline…

Post by Lokey »

Gamespy is gone as far as nwn and many other games are concerned. NWNCX works, general nwn forum here.

Diamond needs the critical rebuild patch, see bio forums (sticky in nwn tech support). Version mismatch you should still probably see servers.

OS related crap (perms especially). ping and tracert/traceroute/trace (whichever your OS uses) ns4.nsrealm.com and something like yahoo.com. They should resolve to an ip, then ns4 should say piss off, I drop pings :) tracert will show you failure point if an ip is found.

NWN uses UDP, check the udp rules in firewall/router. Make sure nwnplayer.ini has a different port set than other comps that are used for nwn, but that shouldn't affect connectivity.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Re: all GameSpy favorites read offline…

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

thank you very much... :D

I'll give it a go....

:twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Return to “General Computer Support”