EVGA GeForce 430GT

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

EVGA GeForce 430GT

Post by Lokey »

So my 7950 went boom last week, so grabbed http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130609 ($70)

Took forever to get here which kinda sucked :) Seems ok for nwn use, but probably wouldn't want to use on current games. So far pretty cool and quiet, out of box on linux, win, well you know. I'll need to dig up the stupid drivers.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Re: EVGA GeForce 430GT

Post by weasel423 »

Lokey wrote:I'll need to dig up the stupid drivers.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
:lol:
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:So my 7950 went boom last week, so grabbed http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130609 ($70)

Took forever to get here which kinda sucked :) Seems ok for nwn use, but probably wouldn't want to use on current games. So far pretty cool and quiet, out of box on linux, win, well you know. I'll need to dig up the stupid drivers.
Woah that did take a long time
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Took an hour on win instead of just works on linux (find driver, uninstall old, reboot; install new, look up error, reboot; install; reboot).

If you're doing games that are a bit beefier than what I play and/or you use higher resolutions (1600x1200+), you'd want to move up a tier.

Crashed on a dual ground-zero hellball, but not running the linux native client.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “General Computer Support”