NWN crashing

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
frogofpeace
PKer

NWN crashing

Post by frogofpeace »

I just bought a Toshiba Satellite p755-s5198. Works fine, but the last few days nwn has started crashing - seems like in combat with multiple aoe's going. It has an Nvidia 540M vid card, but also lists Intel graphics as a device. Is it usual to have both integrated and discrete graphics? I'm wondering if a conflict between the two is causing a problem, and if I can disable the intel graphics.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

cely
PKer

Re: NWN crashing

Post by cely »

Yes it's normal to have integrated and discrete graphics in laptops these days. Have you tried disabling VFX settings such as shiny water? I know there might not be any water near you when you crash, but that still seems to be a common source of crashing.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Bargeld
PKer

Re: NWN crashing

Post by Bargeld »

If you could truly 'disable' it, from the standpoint of windows not even dealing with it... if it exists, it'll be in the bios. I've heard of this problem with some other things too. It seems that the less expensive laptops don't have good bios software, so may not let you control them.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Return to “General Computer Support”