Video Problems

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
Jacks Revenge
Pk Bait

Video Problems

Post by Jacks Revenge »

I recently Upgraded my computer and reinstalled NWN, and noticed This Lovely Problem when I get Into Neversummer.

I running Windows 7 64bit and NWN in Compability Mode for XP in Service Pack 3
Drivers are up to date for my BFG 9600 GT in SLi
Shiney Water is Off, along with Anti Aliasing, and Sound.
Game seems to run perfectly, Its just very Red like you see in the Picture. In Game everything has a very red tone. Thanks for any Advice to resolve this issue.

Ireheart'

Re: Video Problems

Post by Ireheart' »

Hmmm, I'm running win 7 64bit, but I'm not running nwn in compability mode, I just installed it and started playing. :)

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Yeah, could be the compatibility mode. Run it normally. Some people have had to change the shortcut and direct it to nwnmain.exe on Windows 7, but compatibility mode is not needed.
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

what is your video resolution and hrtz that you set it to?

and is your Vid card properly seated? cable seating?
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Jacks Revenge
Pk Bait

Post by Jacks Revenge »

Video Res is 1680 x 1050 at 65hz

If i dont run NWN in compability mode it starts..but quickly closes after the screen when you click play.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

its because its you...and no one likes you, not even your pc :)

i'd say make sure your screen hz and res hz in game match..try to get things as smooth as possible.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Amoenotep wrote:i'd say make sure your screen hz and res hz in game match..try to get things as smooth as possible.
if you are going this route try vsync = on

imo, it sounds like driver issues... i'm a firm believer that 'the latest drivers' are not always best, especially if there are differences in the card brand vs the manufacturer brand. example: xfx geforce is built off of an nvidia geforce, but they may release xfx drivers that perform worse or possibly better than a raw nvidia driver. driver dates/versions can contribute quite a bit as well, as i personally, have 5 different vid drivers i have installed and i have found that drivers from jan 2008 work best for me (the least crashing).

Try different driver versions from both the manufacturer and the brand.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Ireheart'

Post by Ireheart' »

Jacks Revenge wrote:Video Res is 1680 x 1050 at 65hz

If i dont run NWN in compability mode it starts..but quickly closes after the screen when you click play.
Same problem here, Just right click your shortcut and select "run as administrator", It will run just like normal.

Return to “General Computer Support”