Bad News Site

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
DM_Kim
Dungeon Master

Bad News Site

Post by DM_Kim »

I came across another malicious web site. Only this one can not be closed by using Alt-F4. You must use your Task Manager.

Do not under any circumstance click on anything on your browser when you get a page like this. It locks you out from closing it no matter what you click and it can auto load if you lick on anything on your browser, because you give permission without knowing.

The last time I ran into a site like this it loaded some kind of silent bomb. It went off when I was running security and maintenance checks while off-line. It destroyed over 40 gigs of info on 2 drives that I could eventually read and destroyed a whole drive with another 100 gig of info. To cap it off it damaged hard-wear on my mother board forcing me to buy a new system.

Mistress Kim
dm_kim999@hotmail.com

Berronar Truesilver - The Revered Mother

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Bad News Site

Post by Lokey »

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/72 or https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7403 or anything less hideous (I've used both, haven't found anything hideous function-wise) ;)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Mops
Developer

Post by Mops »

And this is why I stick to well explored parts of the Internet...
Neversummer resident
Currently MIA.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Heh yeah I'm always wondering who the people that keep getting viruses and spyware are...
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

LinuxPup wrote:Heh yeah I'm always wondering who the people that keep getting viruses and spyware are...
I've herd tails of em, I think my grandpa refered to em as "the windows users".... I think they might live in the sewers O.o
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Return to “General Computer Support”