Ikernel.exe

The Gelded Geek: Any issues relating to hardware, troubleshooting computer issues for NWN1 and NWN2, building a new computer, etc
Gornickthy
Spamalot

Ikernel.exe

Post by Gornickthy »

Hey folks,

I was trying to install macromedia studio and got this error.

I have not been able to figure this one out. Does anyone have any idea what I can do? My searches for help online have been fruitless. I just want to install the software. :x
Power is not given. It is taken.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]
Ya ya ya I know... stop whining, complaining, and learn to build better.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Ikernel.exe

Post by Lokey »

Looks like WinXP, I don't think it'd be a permissions issue (your account has admin privileges?)

Tried turning off active anti-virus? Any other things that it requires that you don't have installed (like Active whatever programming language)?
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

I am running Win XP Pro. I have tried shutting down any and all security options, Zone Alarm and anything else I could think of. I am not sure if I am missing anything I need. I can't seem to find any useful information on this subject. It seems when people wrote the tech support for this topic or tried to address this issue anywhere on the web that all the people with a clue were told not to participate or provide useful information. I have found topics such as the PRC timing is the issue at start up, but not how to fix it. I have read that it has to do with the ikernel.exe, but not how to fix it. I read somewhere that it involved a MFC/MSVC 6.0 Runtime Update, but nothing as how to deal with it. I am simply at a loss on this one thus far.

The sad part is that I once had this installed on 3 computers on a network and never once had an issue.

Edit: I also went in and checked to see if the ikernel.exe file was present, and it was. I checked my services to see if the RPC was running, and it was. I installed MSV 6.0 just to make sure it was not that. It didn't change anything. I think I need a bigger hammer.
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]

Gornickthy
Spamalot

Post by Gornickthy »

And the plot thickens...this is what I get when I try to install Photoshop CS2:

I am thinking that something is wrong with my install shield at this point. :?
Tal, Soul Reaper of [IO]
Gol-Gorath [IO]
Shilo [IO]
Cthulhus Acolyte [IO]

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Do what I did, reinstall XP. Runs like a champ now, pain in the keister to do but once its done its all good.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Return to “General Computer Support”