XP Grind

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
MightySamson
Noob

XP Grind

Post by MightySamson »

I know you guys are probably more concerned with scripts and the game mechanics and such, but I was thinking it would be nice to beef up the xp. It seems most of your player base is coming from NWN1 and it would be nice if they could try out a few builds while the server is still in alpha. There's a pretty big learning curve from NWN1 to NWN2 (like only 30 lvls, 4-class multis, etc). That way, people can try out new stuff and offer character suggestions when they know what things will be like at higher levels.

I don't know if you have the spawns/areas to accommodate higher characters yet or not, I haven't gotten too far.
MightySamson
--The Triad of Tyranny--
Long Live the Triad!!

mgrjebbo
PKer

Re: XP Grind

Post by mgrjebbo »

Builds really are last on their list of things to worry about i think. Its an alpha. People who play on the server right now should be looking for bugs, exploits, and other problem.... not a better place to level....
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

I am sure that all feedback is appriciated. Even if the focus is currently on other specifics, the whole point of an Alpha phase is to allow the Dev team to learn what the player perspective is. While creating and developing, somtimes seeing the product from a new pair of eyes will help form the final product of the future. These things are in many cases something that those that are grinding out the product may not see or realize. Please don't hold back any thoughts or opinions of the current setting. (easy to throw out the garbage ideas...lol jk)
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

you know jebbo, he actually had a valid point, and considering you aren't a dev or dm...
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

jebbo is more correct than you think. if the plan was to open the game for lvl 30 min/max builders to come and build...there would be allotments for it. since the purpose of this mod isn't to build the best of what you can yet and we need to learn if the mod is viable or broken....grind it out.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

And also, if you want to learn more about possible builds, check out this website: http://nwn2db.com/

Enough to keep you busy for weeks there...
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Triad-Hype
Developer

Post by Triad-Hype »

I would have to agree there is no dumb questions? Especially when someone is interested to see what direction the server would be taking. No point in someone sticking around if the server is not going to be up there alley, hence the question. We come from Dex where the XP is large for spawns and grinding was a large part, there was only a view quests. So I guess the real question would be does the game plan for this server one off grinding xp through spawns, or heavy quest xp, or a mixture of both?

Yours Truly;

Triad-Hype
----------------
Long Live The Triad!!!!

Orien12
Noob

Post by Orien12 »

Edit:

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful with my post, if it came across that way I apologize. The question wasn't or isn't a bad or wrong one to ask, my feelings are that it was just a little premature for those types of questions is all. However as it was stated above I am not a dm or dev, so all I can offer is an opinion as a fellow player.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

MightySamson
Noob

Post by MightySamson »

Don't worry. No disrespect taken.
I just know that there are many aspects of character creation with NWN2 that need looking at, as well as the exploits and script holes. Different servers handle these aspects different ways based on their community opinions. A players opinion on something as simple as the poll for the "Rest" system might change because the game is certainly played differently at lvl 30 than at lvl 3. There are many skills and feats that could need addressing as well and the only way for player to give educated feedback is to actually experience it.
I could be getting ahead of myself, it's true, because this might all be stuff that gets addressed in a later beta test.
MightySamson
--The Triad of Tyranny--
Long Live the Triad!!

Return to “NS5 Ideas and Suggestions”