Race abilitys and ECL

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Race abilitys and ECL

Post by Aarkon Draco »

on ECL since this is a shorter question .. are we going to use base ECL for the races or are they going to be ajusted? IE the drow elf is ECL2 and IMO its a 3 ECL race using this formula stat bonuses from +2 - +4 are 1 ECL ( IE aasimar has +2 wis and cha for a total of +4 ) elemental resistances or other spell like abilitys = 1 ECL and SR = 1 ECL in this formula aasimar and tiefling both are ECL2 having stat bonuses and resistances and a spell ability ( albeit light is useless almost where as tiefling darkness is a bit more useful ) altho i do like the 1 ECL on these im not opposed to a increase. Drow are my main target on this as they have +4 in stats spell like abilitys and SR all for 2 ECL this is mildly compinsated by the light sensitivity but not enough for a drop in ECL. just was wondering what if anything NS5 is going to do to balance this a bit better.

on to the longer part

Gensai ... ughh what a mess these are all fav class ftr and their abilitys are a joke id like to see them redone to NS4 style if possible. 2 ECL with diffrent fav class for each and their abilitys scaled to level.

some examples for ya

Fire Gensai as is has +2 int -2 cha 5 DR fire and Reach the Blaze 1xday for 5 rounds (2d4 fire damage per round to any creature within 5 feet of the caster evasion applys SR applys and ref save for 1/2 ) and is fav class Ftr as all gensai are currently.

the fire DR is a joke after lvl 6 or so as is the Reach the Blaze ability if they were to scale with level perhaps 5 DR per 6 lvls? reaching 25 DR at 30th Reach the Blaze could scale in a similar fashion reaching 5d4 at 30th with a increase in DR along the same lines .. ill have to check in game what the DR is curently but its fairly low i know and duration to amx 10 rounds at 30th. stats and fav class this is up to you guys i personaly see fire gen as wild and "hot tempered" making for more of a Barbar or perhaps Sorc ( since there is no wild mage or something similar) style of race

Earth Gensai not bad as is except for the 5/- DR being 5 rounds and max of 20 damage total making it almost useless adding 1 round per 6 lvls ( 10 rounds at lvl 30 ) and 10 damage per 5 lvls ( 80 total at 30th ) this still leaves 5/- DR being rather weak at 15+ so perhaps 10/- DR at lvl 11 -20 and 15/- DR at lvl 21+

Water Gensai .. boy these got the shaft on abilitys the 20% conseal applys to ALL in the area even enemys i see water gen as balance oriented ( water finds the best form for its enviroment bubble in space 0 gravity or filling a boject ect) so monks or druids ares likely choices IMO their ability would be vastly improved if it didnt effect enemys only allys and increase the duration by the above noted 1 round per 6 lvls for a max of 10 rounds at 30th. and perhaps 5% more conseal at lvl 11 and 21 as noted above for 30% conseal at lvl 21-30.

Air also seems ok a increase in DR with levels for the wind gust and as with all gensai a increase in their elemental DR with levels for 25DR at 30th Mages or perhaps another Bard fav class would fit best for Air gen IMO altho with bard id suggest - 2 Con instead of -2 Cha on their stats.

Wild Elf .. another that i think could be fixed true its curently the only fav class sorc but it doesent fit IMO Druid as we had was a far better fit as were the stat bonuses and penaltys. a monor change here just stats and fav class

Dwarves dont need any changes IMO tho i do miss the Imp Invis on Druegar ;)

Gnomes, Half Orc, Half Elf and Human are good to go aswell IMO

Id like to have more races as we have in NS4 but lets fix the ones we have first ;)
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

Lorkar
Spamalot

Re: Race abilitys and ECL

Post by Lorkar »

Drow are ECL 3. Anything with SR is an ECL 3.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

in NWN2 they are ECL2 curently i agree they should be ECL3 but as of right now they are not
Balion, Blade of Torm

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

My bad, I did not see the NWN2 header.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

... this is the NS >5< forums .. lol
Balion, Blade of Torm

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

found the DC for the gensai abilitys and OMG are they serious? they all have - to cha YET their ability DC is 12 +Cha mod what a BS idea whoever did that should be kneecapped. so the gensai ability DC needs some major overhaul IMO perhaps a diffrent stat for each element con for earth dex for air int for fire and wis? for water whatever it is it should be one of their abilitys with bonuses and not the one they all have a penalty to.
Balion, Blade of Torm

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

If I may interject, i would also like to request that Orc be put in as a playable race.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Return to “NS5 Ideas and Suggestions”