Modify player list window to NOT show hostile/friendly

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
Neven666
Noob

Modify player list window to NOT show hostile/friendly

Post by Neven666 »

Can you modify the player list window so it doesn't show other players on the same map. Mostly for PvP reasons. As players use the Player List to warn of other chars coming into the area, when in fact they shouldn't know. This way the Track skill and Stealthing are actually useful in PvP.

Just an idea. :)

PS. I used to play and DM NS3 and beta tested NS4. Been gone a while, so looking forward to NS5.

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Re: Modify player list window to NOT show hostile/friendly

Post by ashsagoon »

As far as I can tell, it only shows players who you can see. So if a player is in the next room and you can't see them, it won't tell you hostile or neutral or whatever in the box. Also if you have no see invis and they are invis right near you, it won't show their status in the box. So you have to actually be able to see them to know they are there. And if you can see them then the player status window doesn't matter.

I might be wrong but that's the way it seems to me.
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

I know that sneaking toons show up in the player list when close by, hidden or not.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Bargeld is right, at least in my experience he is. Not only will they show but the screen will hiccup (so to speak) alerting you that something changed, kinda like the way it does when creatures spawn. Ooooops, another exploit...I will try not pay attention the next time it happens. :wink:
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Apokriphos
Developer

Post by Apokriphos »

deja vu from the matrix? :P

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Actually it is Vuja De...the feeling that I have never been there or done that before.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Neven666
Noob

Post by Neven666 »

Perhaps something has changed in a recent update? But as of a few weeks ago, i am able to see all 'toons' in an area unless they are successfully stealthed. Even then they do randomly sometimes show up (as someone said, when in visual range). They show up when invisible or even in a room or area you cannot see on map, no matter how far away they are on the map (even outside visual range).

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's an engine function called locally and passed to the server.

We can make it default to not do this, but that's an easy change even if we get hak uber allez in a patch. The only way to stop it is to either packet sniff and kill the call from the client or someone identifying the engine register of the function and killing it there on the server. That may be possible to do without blowing the whole game up, anything else isn't worth doing.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “NS5 Ideas and Suggestions”