well, i might as well post the first suggestion

Post your tips, ideas for improvements, requests for new features, etc. here
lord_modred
Spam Master General

well, i might as well post the first suggestion

Post by lord_modred »

yes i realize that NS5 isnt out yet, and therefore this next suggestion may already be in effect. and i also realize i already made this suggestion numerous times for NS4.

UNIQUE PANTHEON!

NS would feel like a much more unique world if it wasn't still using the forgotten realms deity list... it also gives the story writers more flexibility with the development of the world seeing as they wont have to conscribe themselves to someone else's idea of how the dieties and their constituent worshipers should be acting.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Go'f

Re: well, i might as well post the first suggestion

Post by Go'f »

Better yet make it a Monotheistic place... there is only one god... only that god suffers from multiple personality disorder and its very good at multitasking and virtualisations of each identity. So the one god is the only thing in creation that is unaware it is one... much like the fightclub concept.

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

i personaly like the FR dieitys and creating a whole list of new ones just for S n G is alot of writing and work to add some more unique flavor. with FR gods most people who play the game atleast know the basics of who is what ect so a new player can see the factions and what gods are associated with it and easly make a decision as to where to go. however i wouldent mind some new choices too IE Nobanion for TC Hoar for NC Findor Wevernspur for LA ect and i would also like to see the cleric domains limited to the ones of said clerics god. it always disapointed me to see a cleric of Lathander with say Trickery domain just because its a good domain.

i hope they will further exspand the domains in future exspansions as they did with mask ( the race domains for ex elf dwarf orc halfling ect ) but since we will have a DL ect this can also be done in house.
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

lord_modred
Spam Master General

Post by lord_modred »

i don't know, i just always felt that using as much content from FR as NS4 has(pantheon, drow society, ect.) just made it feel very derivative, almost as if the NS universe was just an extension of the FR worlds rather than being it's own separate and unique story.
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

Aarkon Draco
Newbie Helper

Post by Aarkon Draco »

i suppose how about we start making a list of new dietys see how it goes. auril (chase) for ex isnt the auril from FR already since hes the god of trickery and the FR is a female goddess of winter. so theres one ..
Balion, Blade of Torm

Blystos Re wrote:"Join the Northern Coalition.
We have Motivational Posters."

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

While the backstory and overall plot of NS5 is already fleshed out, there is PLENTY of room to integrate player generated lore. Pantheon, historic battles, etc would all be great additions. Keep it up folks!

/me starts reading through old Bearded Bard posts...
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

I have a feeling all deities in NS5 will be half-ogres.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

kyllroy
Noob

Post by kyllroy »

How about the random loot generator? The need to script many many items for a statement might just get you bogged down if you wait. Also, I want to add a little note on the actual user numbers. If more modules, more expansion packs, more service packs haven't brought screaming hordes running back from their monthly fees at WoW, maybe NS5 will, eventually. The user numbers have slipped some overall.
Last, I want to add that many, like myself want the world up, flawed, bugged, half walkable or whatever. The worldgate auto downloader will allow you devs to have babies, make babies or paint babies all you want, and all us greedy users have to do is download the progress before we play. The huge redownloads of PWC files can be mostly forgone and additional haks added without alienating the masses. Oh I forgot, add a crafting system. We get bored.

Return to “NS5 Ideas and Suggestions”