Salty

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
Salty_ns3
Noob

Salty

Post by Salty_ns3 »

Hey, long time no see...

i just got the internet hooked up in my dorm, but I have some problems getting onto neversummer, so I figured you'd know how to solve 'em.

Whenever I try to log on to GameSpy, it says "gamespy offline" or "gamespy timeout". What the heck is this all about?

I'm experiencing serious withdrawal here, please help me...

Thanks,

Salty

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Ignore Gamespy, hit cancel, and it should load the rooms list.. has worked for me before :)

Salty_ns3
Noob

Post by Salty_ns3 »

ain't workin for me.... please help everybody

Zarach'_ns3
Noob

Post by Zarach'_ns3 »

tried hitting cancel and then using direct connect?

Salty_ns3
Noob

Post by Salty_ns3 »

what's the drect connect number? it won't load [censored] when I hit cancel... damn this ain't like it was back home!

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

what kind of internet do you have? and do you have a router?

NS 3.5 DM

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Salty, the current North IP is 207.216.56.97. It is now on a floating IP, but it hasn't changed on us since the switch to a new ISP two weeks ago. Try that.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Salty_ns3
Noob

Post by Salty_ns3 »

Thanks to all who helped - I'm currently hooked up to the college internet, and it should be a regular broadband connection. I have no idea if there's a router, in fact, I don't even know what a router is.

My friend can play Jedi Academy online though, so I figure the connection shouldn't be the problem.

Arctic Hail_ns3
Spamalot

Post by Arctic Hail_ns3 »

my wireless on campus is retarded and really sucky, so when i tried connecting to nwn with wireless it wouldnt work for me either. that was with my internet just in general though including just opening web browsers. i went and hooked up with an ethernet cord though and it was a lot better.. try that maybe if your not on it already...
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?

=CI= Carpe Imperium

Acara_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by Acara_ns3 »

i haven't been able to use gamespy for a couple of months.. loads for about 5 mins, then i get the message "gamespy didn't like the nick acara, try acara_0", so i have to wait 5 min to access gamespy, which sucks, so i kind of gave up on nwn..
wen al great heros are sleeping invisibel creatures wil kill them , and so it will be =)

Salty_ns3
Noob

Post by Salty_ns3 »

Ok, well, I got the login working ok, GameSpy still bones me over, but the direct connect works. However, it's ridiculously lagged up, and my connection should be fast enough. What's the minimum conn speed to run this server?

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Acara, the one that kicks your Log in is not GameSpy but NWN, all you have to do is create a new Log in with the same you used as before.. same Log in same Password (dont bother with the email).

Problem is, accounts get deleted when not active for over a month. :)

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”