North resurrection?

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
Dr_Fangorn
Developer

North resurrection?

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

I was happily surprised to see the number of folks on North this evening - I have been making some changes to the module recently, and offered to keep the server up for the day. If there are players who would like me to keep North on again, please let me know here. I'd be happy to run the server again, its very little effort to do besides making sure the hardware sitting next to my main rig is running well.

So? What would you folks like me to do?
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

DM Crom 1
Noob

Re: North resurrection?

Post by DM Crom 1 »

I hope so I want my job back :twisted:
life is short so have as much as you can

mama's skillet
Noob

Post by mama's skillet »

Hey Fang, would truly enjoy if North was back up, will keep me out of trouble and since I have mostly played on North enjoying everything about North would like to play again. I haven't played for a long time because North has been down. PLEASE, PLEASE BRING NORTH BACK UP FOR US NORTH FANS!!!!! We would love you forever. :D

GrannysPugFarm
Noob

Post by GrannysPugFarm »

Please Please Please bring the North Back,,,,,,, There is no other server the same as North.

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

I left town for Christmas, and left the server on. Enjoy it over the holidays. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the server from where I am, so I can't open up the portal to Santa. I'll ask Sun Tzu if he's around.

For now, looks like North is back. Like I said, I'm working on a series of changes to the areas I neglected to revamp back in 2006, so expect some areas to be blocked off and changed.

Enjoy!
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

I can do north and east for christmas.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Thank ye kindly, sir. Check the private forums for some other questions, sir.
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

The Real Nore
Noob

Post by The Real Nore »

I for one would go back to playing North if it were up....and ty for putting up Santa there Sun

Nuor
Noob

Post by Nuor »

Keep it up and I'll come visit.

DM PHANTASM
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM PHANTASM »

well well well very nice to see indeed*cracks knuckles* time to get busy killin the cit..erm i mean helping the citizens of north
I know that this will make people angry, but you know what? I somehow feel comfortable with having people angry with me.

red33
Noob

Post by red33 »

i am so glad to see that fang may resurrect north for ther is no place like home :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

cherie_pits
Noob

Post by cherie_pits »

Can I vote for both me and Vil since we are married? I know we have both been missing our time with our on-line family on North. Being crushed by our lovingly heavy handed DMs and trying to play as a group to survive is a camaraderie that can't be replaced. Thank you for the Happy Holiday of giving us this gift to be able to come back together and play again!

Fren

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

For players' information, I am willing to keep the North server up 24/7 after this latest batch of revisions is done. I won't pull the plug after the revisions, but obviously, if only 1 or 2 people are using the server on any given night, I'm not sure there's much reason for me to keep the server up. Its a bit of a catch-22.

The main reason I shut the server down at the end of summer was due to there being very few players on during peak times (ie. evenings). For now, ie. the next few months, the server is not going anywhere. If the player base remains active after the revisions, then I'll happily keep the server up.
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”