Enquiry on NS 3.5

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
jezzabri
Noob

Enquiry on NS 3.5

Post by jezzabri »

Hey everybody,

I'm considering making a return to NWN, purely as I used to have so much fun on it about 5-6 years ago when I was in college. Some people here may remember me as Chair, from Neversummer South, crazy guy with a bit of a bad temper, and always causing trouble with my fellow Followers of the Silent Lord, Naz and also Lex and Butterfly.

I unfortunately grew a bit tired of the game and defected to WoW, of which I am totally bored and sick of now. I didn't see much point in paying money for something I didn't use anymore so I am sorely tempted to try old Neversummer again.

I have no idea how much has changed from the original NS3 and if any old faces are about. Would anyone here be able to give me some ideas? Also, if anyone here is from the old school days, please drop a post here to say hey!

Jez

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Re: Enquiry on NS 3.5

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Welcome back to the fold.

There have been a LOT of changes to Neversummer as you may have remembered it in 2003. Pros renovated NS into 3.5 in the fall of 2004, and then I joined the fold, and we gave NS a huge renovation from the fall of 2005 well into 2006.

Best way to know is just to log on and check it out. East and North are both friendly servers - the players have all been around for a LONG, LONG time, our faithful diehards from the past.
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

The name chair sounds familiar to me, though i was on old north before moving to Mz's south after DD closed north, so I dont know if we ever played together.

You should definitely give it a try, it has all the nostalgia you'll love and more than enough new content to keep you quite busy.
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

jezzabri
Noob

Post by jezzabri »

Thanks guys, good to get a bit of inside info.

Hah, yeah Mz used to run South, blimey that was such a long time ago now. I remember seeing your name pop up in the forums Throst, though I never saw them on South forums.

I'm keen to see quite how much has changed. I used to love some of the old treks to the City in the Clouds through the Underdark and stuff, really am wondering if that's still there.

Will probably be coming on tomorrow to try it, gotta borrow the copy of the original game from someone, as I lost my original copy... I'm sure I lent it to somebody and I've forgotten who it was..

Garr..

Jez

Chair
Noob

Post by Chair »

Aha.

Here's my old login!

Wahey remembered the password!
:[FotS]: Chair

Greebo
Noob

Post by Greebo »

Throast, im pretty sure I remember you =D

Im another old player, coming back when can get stupid connection to work... Used to play as :[FotS] Naz/Nazzy/Nazdreg I cant really remember...

Looking forward to playing again though =]

Few Qs,
Is YDB still most powerfull weap pre-GM/DM token gear?
Are their any bows/arrows that can compare with melee weaps? I love AA =] But they were always limited with gear =[
Shapeshifters had any adjustments?
And whats the 20-40 like now?

Thanks =]

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

no more DM gear, all the items drop off mobs now.

AAs do crazy amounts of damage, since ammunition isn't sellable to venders anymore, its a lot more frequently dropped and a lot better.
(you may remember buying 99 arrows and selling them back individually for 2x the price of 99, lol)

You can pretty much get away with using whatever weapon you want on the server.

shifters are pretty popular, when you left everyone liked to summon drags w/ their clerics... now they just wanna be one.

20-40... well, you dont have to kill 1 imp if you dont want to... theres a ton of new areas.
i've been back for about 2-3 months and i havent seen everything yet.

And fang is about to put more content in!

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

lol, my bad, im pretty sure i remember you too.

btw, i think i got atleast of of these gifs off your sig lol way back when:

Greebo
Noob

Post by Greebo »

Throat your my hero! Do the Kirby dance! (>")> (^"^) <("<)!

Also AWESOME info on that stuff =D Glad to hear its up to date. Rofl, i remember the imps now... Running round killing em with Power word kill to 40.... Painfull stuff. Aw i loved the arrow exploit... it was hilarious, when Will had the renegade NS up you could sell em back for like x10 the price. Was hilarious...

Cant wait to be back =]

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”