NS 3.5 Revival?

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
Dr_Fangorn
Developer

NS 3.5 Revival?

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

It's been far too long since NS 3.5 has been updated.

So much was done to the mod when Pros and I took things to the next level...I was tempted to rename it Neversummer 3.6! With 1.69 coming down the pipe soon, I'm again quite tempted to take a break from NS 5 development and do up something nice with that huge empty area off of the Old Trade Route. IF the interest is there, why not leave some ideas of what you'd like to see that remains undone in NS 3.5? A few things come to mind for me:

A true elven forest
A Blackguard fortress up in the mountains

Oh, and a Isle of Dreams revamp is still one of those things on my list of "wish I did's."
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Re: NS 3.5 Revival?

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

The old trade route is what I get the most questions about. A lvl 10-25 area with a boss area for 25-32 would be nice.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

Well if you do update Isle of Dreams... the gem golems are an obvious choice :)

I haven't played NS3 in years so I don't remember how the landscape is... But I've been messing around with 1.69 for a few weeks now... you can do a lot with OnPlayerChat. Not sure how much you can use from it, but you're welcome to check out the upcoming NS4 OnPlayerChat script.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, a lot of the OnPlayerChat stuff that I implemented is NWN general.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

DM PHANTASM
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM PHANTASM »

i like a old fashion revival myself make sure ther is alot fo hell fire and brimstone erm wait that is not what thsi about .... :) anyway that would be cool somehting new to explore would be really nice! What would be very cool is another epic area:)! and i have found out that most of the folks are not comin to the "new" forums! when is the other link gonna get kill?
I know that this will make people angry, but you know what? I somehow feel comfortable with having people angry with me.

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Flailer »

Disabled the old forums now...

Anything else need to be done to drive people over here?
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

A big whip?
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

DM PHANTASM
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM PHANTASM »

Thanks for killin the link! i have made a few announcements to go to these forums that is all i know to do... i do have a big stick should i try that?
I know that this will make people angry, but you know what? I somehow feel comfortable with having people angry with me.

Schyler Blake
Noob

Post by Schyler Blake »

I don't know about this but i was wondering about the Captain Jake quest. Figured it would be cool if he was added into Bucc's Den too. Didn't know if he ever was supposed to be or not, but figured i would ask. :)

Fehrles
Pk Bait

Post by Fehrles »

There is a thought. Noticed that Cap'n jack hints at further adventures in BD but never found him or any further 'jobs' he alluded to. maybe even sumthin that rogues can acquire to return them to BD directly? Non Drop of course. A rune similar to Planar or Garagoth's? The BD area has a lot of potential if your Rogue can maybe open a portal from NS or a one use item that will allow a party to port to BD for further adventures, The rogue going last to close the 'door' behind him. ;)

Plot ideas: A Guild war or upitty new comers trying to raise kain in BD.

Something is haunting the basement of the . . . . . working ladies establishment wreaking havoc with business.

Maybe even a simple information gathering mission. OK we know those are never as simple as that ;)

possibly add clues to help with the Hermit quests those really need a dialog update to offer hints regarding the next stop imho.
Duke of Phoenix Dragoons >PD<

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

I put that stuff into Cap'n Jack's dialogue to give me an out for future development considerations in Buccaneer's Den.
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

Gilradden
Noob

Post by Gilradden »

Hi Fang,
Glad to hear you might do some more work on North. I'd love to see any new areas you feel like setting up for us. I like Schyler's idea about a Cap'n Jack adventure in Buc Den. A true Elven Forest would be great as well. I'm sure whatever you do it will be a lot of fun for all of us die-hard North players. Thanks for all you and Pros do to make a great gaming experience for all of us.
Gilradden

All that is gold does not glitter.
Not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither.
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

Fehrles wrote:possibly add clues to help with the Hermit quests those really need a dialog update to offer hints regarding the next stop imho.
an easy way to do that would to just edit the tokens to have a hint or riddle on them
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Fehrles
Pk Bait

Post by Fehrles »

Throst54 wrote:
Fehrles wrote:possibly add clues to help with the Hermit quests those really need a dialog update to offer hints regarding the next stop imho.
an easy way to do that would to just edit the tokens to have a hint or riddle on them
Zactly what I was thinkin, I've even thought of a few but usually in game so hadn't written them down. I may just have to do that and subject them to public opinion. ;) or private opinion at the least.
Duke of Phoenix Dragoons >PD<

DM Fortune
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Fortune »

With the mention of Gigex and the Isle of Dreams, had a thought maybe make his ghost appear like the guy in the Wasteland, that gives you a quest there?

jens9351
Noob

Post by jens9351 »

Hello
A couple of ideas I had bouncing around in my head:
Tie in the Drow and Dueger to the rewards in Glittergold's temple in the Underdark. Maybe add a token to the Drow Priestess (or use the drow flail) and a half item from each of the Dueger cleric and Mages to return to Glittergold's temple for reward like the Beholders and Illithiad. The tokens may also have people visit the Underdark a little more.
Somehow utilize the house that is in the Haddon Mirk. The abandoned house in HM seems like a good place to place a hermit that can be used in a new quest. Can even use the 'Phopet of the Dragon' or a similar name to use a name in the Wheel of Times books.
Have Cap'n Jack ask the PC to search for the ruins of a lost 'air ship'. Cap'n Jack got tired of the normal ships wrecking and sinking he decided to use a whole different mode of transporation.

Thanks for the great mod. It is always fun to play on 3.5.

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”