My Ghosts

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

My Ghosts

Post by pincushion63_ns3 »

Hey folks a few of you already know I'm having problems setting up my network to allow both my pc and my laptop to run the game at the same time. Before you ask yes I have 2 difrent copies of the game and 2 sets of cd keys. Right now we think it is my router that is causeing the problem.

The down side of it all is sometimes the test causes a ghost toon. They can cause alittle lag for that I am sorry. I try to kill each ghost so it's less lag. Therefore if you come across a dead toon make sure the name is listed on the player list or that there is a person with it. I would hate for you to waste a rez on one of my ghosts.

Since we are 90% sure it is the router I'm gona stop testing till I get around to buying a new router.

The ghosts will poof at reset so atleast they don't stay to long.

If anybody has every had any problems similar to this let me know.
The game loads both copies fine. I can log both into the game and play. Everything runs good for about 15 mints (sometimes less) then both systems freeze and both get bootted from the server. when I try to relog one system can log right away the other can not because it's cd key is still in use ( the system that ghosts changes). after the 5 mint window the cd key drops and I can relog that account but the ghosted toon is still there.
Sanatio Murus -A$A-
It's a shame -A$A- had to die. Darn DM's stealling all the members :)

Cyborg_ns3
Noob

Post by Cyborg_ns3 »

Hi pin.
Was working with you to help set things up. Havent herd anyone having this problem but you.
Seems you have pulled one on GHOST with all yours on server trying to correct. You may want to consider changing your name to reflect GHOST some way.

Sory I couldnt help out with static and router forwarding. Hope you get new router soon so I can assist again to setting it up.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

These ghosts knocked the server over when I tried a warm reset of the server at 13h00 Pacific Standard. Can't get into the machine remotely. We'll see what happens at 15h00.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Cyborg_ns3
Noob

Post by Cyborg_ns3 »

Ok I do know that when Phant resets the server as DM its been hanging.
Could it possibly be the files your all using that does this to force its normal reset time. Its been bad lately but it help us all out with the lag when done corectly and no complaints for it.
I know new provider going to help out so thanks for all the hard work fang and time your spending like a hawk for us all. Great job and well put together.

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

I'm sorry Fang didn't mean to break it. I'll stop playing around.
Sanatio Murus -A$A-

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

We had this problem in West, it knocked the server offline for a whole half day until next reset took place and before that it kept the "ERROR" message on combat screen.
Did you try the IP issue?
The servers dont enjoy having two different players (different CD keys) running with the same IP.
I know all it takes is for you to change one number in one of the IPs and it will save so you dont have to keep redoing it.
Give that a thought, if you have already done it, then I have no clue what could be causing it.
Hope this helps.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Looks like the server fell over. I'll make my way down to the office and check in on it later this afternoon.

(preparing special prize for pincushion63) :twisted:
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Server is back up. No more ghosting, okay?
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

DM Iris

Yes we have tried the IP as the problem. the one we did today was manually inport the IP's for each system to make sure they were not the same. I've tried creatting a whole new network at home, tried wiping the game clean and reinstalling, at this point only thing I can think of is the router tho I don't know why
Sanatio Murus -A$A-

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

I ran a new test today. I put each account on seperate servers. I had one playing on North (getting NS gear) and one on the NS Test server testing Fang's new edit. I had them both online for an hour with no problems at all. then I put both accounts on the Test server and at the 15 mint mark they were both online they froze and crashed. when I came back the system that had been on the server first had ghosted.

I did learn yestuday when I broke north that it is always the system that connected to the server fisrt is the one that ghosts.

if anybody has any clue as to whats going on please let me know.
Sanatio Murus -A$A-

dasboi_ns3
Noob

Post by dasboi_ns3 »

That is pretty odd. and i have had toons on two seperate comps before but come to think of it i've never had it on longer that a few minutes to do transfers and what not.

puke_dud_ns3
Spamalot

Post by puke_dud_ns3 »

My 2 cp. Did you go into the NWN.ini file on the 2nd machine and change its port to 5122? I do that with all my slaves and never have this GHOST issue.

Deputy Dog made a post about this... a month ago.
puke

Midwest only!
- Tossin McCookies 40
- Tossin DeBeers 40
- Tossin Pious 40
- Tossin Blender II 40
- Tossin Acastor 40
- Tossin Blenderizer 40
- Tossin Governator 40

BrookAM_ns3
Noob

Post by BrookAM_ns3 »

It's in the nwnplayer.ini and in case you closed your ports, you will need to open 5122 on your router.

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

cool thanks guys I will give this a try. Is it the client port or game port I need to change.

Ok I changed the game port on the laptop and tested it. at 10 mints it crashed and ghosted the PC. any other ideas?
Sanatio Murus -A$A-

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

Cheer no more ghosts. Looks like it was my router all along. The darn thing went nutz started kicking me offline every 5 mints so I had to buy a new one. I got a wireless-G like just about everybody said to do. Had a few problems getting the laptop to stop trying to find the old router and use the new one, but with some help from Dell I got it working. Ran both systems this morning for 2 hours with no problems then took a break and came back for another 2 hours with no problems.

So unless Fang makes the area Phant and I joked about you shouldn't see anymore of San's Ghosts around the server.
Sanatio Murus -A$A-

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”