Dragon Builds.

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
Thellenor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Thellenor_ns3 »

Although my Dragon build that has made it to level 40, is Shifter based, I think it still ended up pretty good. I enjoy the flexibility of the other forms offered as well.

If anyone is interested, I'll post level by level build, but it ended up as 5 Druid/10 Monk/25 Shifter.

In Dragon form I have an unbuffed AC of 107, and AB on the combat screen of 56.

Probably is better to do the fighter build, and I'm working one of those too, just to compare the final outcome, but this one is fun.... Skipped taking Undead form since the only way I know to heal risen lord is with his harm spell on self... Took construct instead.

Lorik of the Lost Woods II
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
----------
Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you just can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

LOL Maybe I should add a +10 enhancement bonus vs. Shifters to the Dragonstone weapons and go on a Dragonslaying PvP event...just an idea...

:twisted:

Waitaminute, that won't be much fun, since most dragons have ACs in the 100s, and most players fully buffed can only reach an AB+ of high 70's or low 80's...so they'd still be unhittable. Gonna need a +20 enhancement weapon to really throw things out of balance.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Thellenor_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Thellenor_ns3 »

*sniff* *sniff* gonna kill my poor little defenseless dwagon.... :cry:
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
----------
Some people are like a slinky, not really good for anything, but you just can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs.

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by pincushion63_ns3 »

:) Fang leave the pretty dragons alone. you big bully :twisted:
Sanatio Murus -A$A-
It's a shame -A$A- had to die. Darn DM's stealling all the members :)

Charon_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Charon_ns3 »

pincushion63 wrote:Bard hmmm sounds cool I like bards, my question is how would that work tho since you need so much wisdom there not much left for charisma to make the spells work. or is it all song no spells? pluss do you start out bard or druid?

Since you can't cast anything but Epic Spells in form, you don't really have to worry about any spells other than the ones you cast on yourself. And all the stats that matter get overwritten while in form, so maxing Wis and getting a Cha of 15 isn't hard when you don't care about the rest of them.

As far as what to take when, the more you multi-class pre-20 with average or poor AB progression classes, the more AB you lose (look at the very informative AB Sticky for more). So I went all Bard for the first 20 levels...harder to level and you get Dragon Form later in the game, but higher AB in the end. After 20, it doesn't matter what order you take things as long as you max out skills at the right time and get the feats you want. Both dragons I mentioned finished with an AB in the lower-70's (as per the combat window) and an AC of 109, fully-geared. But as cool as that sounds, I play them about once every 3 months...other toons are just more interesting...

If you want practice leveling toons without spending several hours, check out the TC Test Server...should be a post in the General Discussion Forum about it...
Last edited by Okie Christ on Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charon * [TC]
Charon * (MW)
-D- Charon *

(formerly) Midwest

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

But as cool as that sounds, I play them about once every 3 months...other toons are just more interesting...

Not only more interesting, but also more effective for the given area. If you build for specific runs, you wind up with highly specialized but very effective toons. For most anything, something other than a dragon can solo it in half the time or less. Sure, you might have to suck some heals *gasp* but you don't have to sit and watch forever either.
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

pincushion63_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by pincushion63_ns3 »

I'm not building the dragon to be a full time toon I just want to build one of each. I already have the shifter form now I'm working on a druid form.

I've got so many toons right now I can do most places in a group and solo a alot. So now I'm just remaking some old builds and or trying some new. I've already found a few that sucked and had to trash.

I've got a builder I use to test build it's not based off the NS rules so the finnished version on NS is always abit different. Thanks for the idea tho.
Sanatio Murus -A$A-
It's a shame -A$A- had to die. Darn DM's stealling all the members :)

Gtu_ns3
Noob

Post by Gtu_ns3 »

As far as maxing AB:

Using Ranger for the 1-20 levels will allow you to use Zen Archery / Perishings before shifting (remember that you can't fit through a lot of doorways, so this is useful for some areas) - recomend 23 Ranger, 14 Druid, 3 Monk (or 17 Druid, 1 Monk).

Using Barbarian for the 1-20 levels will give you more HP and some Damage Reduction, and Uncanny Dodge - recomend 24 Barbarian, 14 Druid, 2 Monk).

Paladin is also a good choice (extra buffs and Saving Throw bonus) - recomend 23 Paladin, 14 Druid, 3 Monk (or 17 Druid, 1 Monk).

Regardless of the build, you will want to be taking Zen Archery for times that you aren't shifted, and at least 1 Monk level for the extra attacks and the -3 attack progression.

It's good to take total Monk levels as either 1 or 2, or a multiple of 3 or 5 to take into account the Monk AC and Monk Speed bonuses.

If you want something cool and different then maybe try Bard 16, RDD 10, Druid 14

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”