HUGE PROBELM

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
MadBovine_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by MadBovine_ns3 »

You know I got that virus a little while ago... I got rid of it by simply going into my bios and resetting it to the factory standard config... then my comp booted just fine and I updated norton and then scanned and got rid of it... I think it may change some of your bios settings for things like your CPU voltages and whatnot.

Of course I cheat, I run a dualboot system using a quickswap harddrive bay, one harddrive has Win98 on it, and the other XP, with most of my data on another drive that is left as FAT 32 so both OSes can see it.
Sexy Bovine, Nimble Bovine, Unstable Bovine, Ouch Bovine, Master Bovine, .:Bovine:. ... Ok almost any char name with Bovine in it is me.

computergui_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by computergui_ns3 »

Is it Viruses or Virii???

Either way...

http://fedora.redhat.com. The latest versions of Linux have become quite user friendly and you don't have to be a pony tailed, Birkenstock wearing Unix nerd like myself to start using it successfully.

I have zero problems with Viruses (or ii), Pop Ups, Spyware, etc. NWN has a linux client that works great. Best part is it's free (as in beer).

For those that consider it, check your hardware to ensure everything will work, or check out some of the distro's that allow you to boot off of CD/DVD and run linux without redoing your entire PC.
Mars * [TC]

JesterOI_ns3
PKer

Post by JesterOI_ns3 »

Another healthy choice is to NOT use IE. Use Firefox or some other alternative browser.

Since switching to Firefox I went from using adaware/spybot and getting 10 hits a week on spyware on my system to running adaware/spybot maybe once a month and then only removing the little history type files that show up from normal use, never any spyware anymore.

AVG Free Edition from Grisoft is a good A/V program if you're a cheapo :wink:
If I learn to use signatures and avatars correctly, I may be allowed to have one again one day.

LOL!!! Not again... <shakes head>
But!!! Don't punish my av for the sins of my sig!!!

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

I've told you time and again, Jester, Firefox is bloatware! Use Opera.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

JesterOI_ns3
PKer

Post by JesterOI_ns3 »

Opera is for those crazies from Cali'forn'ia!

Besides Firefox has a cooler name and a smaller GUI footprint as far as desktop space goes.
If I learn to use signatures and avatars correctly, I may be allowed to have one again one day.

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

GUI-wise you can trim Opera down to pretty much nothing. The ads are a thing of the past, man.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

JesterOI_ns3
PKer

Post by JesterOI_ns3 »

Opera goes well with your purpley'ness!

DM FORSAKEN_ns3
Looking for group

Post by DM FORSAKEN_ns3 »

one word.

and a number.

calculated to 1 decimal place.

DOS 5.0

IDAA F0IRZ4K3N is l33t
The night... has an appetite.

JesterOI_ns3
PKer

Post by JesterOI_ns3 »

Oh! The glory days of dos and being able to compltely erase a program with ease because it was only in 1 directory ever!

Doom and X-Wing were the best!

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”