server crash

This is the forum to discuss events on the North server.
Anonymous_ns3

server crash

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

North is down

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

yep 2 hours after rest went down still down so almost 2 hours as of this post

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

No disrespect but this seems to be happening way too much. Is it the ISP or the hardware?

Just looking for more stability is all.

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

its the ISP and you could at least log in so we know who to talk to

NS 3.5 DM

Brianagfn_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Brianagfn_ns3 »

Anonymous wrote:No disrespect but this seems to be happening way too much. Is it the ISP or the hardware?

Just looking for more stability is all.

Ya know... He doesn't have to give us a server at all. It's free.. he's doing it for us. I understand -and yes sympathize- with the frustration of it constantly going down, but that doesn't mean we get the right to nag, harass, beguile, complain, what-have-you... just be thankful that he CAN get it back up, will get it back up, and is offering to continue hosting the server :)

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

and updates the server. remember no updates?
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Like I said in the OTHER North is Down post, the server itself is running just fine, I called my secretary and she said that the whole office's internet has been down. She even confirmed this by telling me that the modem's online button was flashing RED instead of a nice steady GREEN.

So I understand peoples' frustrations when the server goes down. Some situations I can fix, ones like this I can't. Having guests tell me that the server is down, why are they being inconvenienced, etc. is not terribly helpful. When my ISP decides to resume service, the server will be back up. Not much else I can do until then.

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

There will alwyas be someone else willing to host a server, that am not worried about nor lack of new content since it;s not that hard to create it.

All i am saying why host it if you can;t keep it running.

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

that guest is not me

mystic_dragonfly_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by mystic_dragonfly_ns3 »

Fang has absolutely NO control over the fact that he has no internet. If you wanna [censored] at someone [censored] at his internet provider
Music appeases recollections of the soul......

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

yeah my isp just came back up as well adelphia bought comcast woohoo i got more upload and download now sweet

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

Its a shame that we do all we can to let people have fun for free and then we have people like "Guest" around.... tsk tsk

NS 3.5 DM

DM PHANTASM_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM PHANTASM_ns3 »

i agree it is not hard to create BUT fang has put in many hours creating and running the server not to mention the extra cost of hardware and bandwidth. Fang is a busy person just like the rest of us who have lives out of the game. PLEASE do not under estimate what he is doing. he is human like the rest of us and sometimes ISP troubles can not be helped. If you beleive you can create and run a server so be it DO IT! It will be up as soon as possible. No one wants to see it down so it you are goning to critize please do not. Fang is working on this and when he gets the time (since he is working at the moment) i am sure the server will be back on line.
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.

“Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your @@@ off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.”

Anonymous_ns3

Post by Anonymous_ns3 »

yeah tsk tsk can always donate like i have here is the link for people that dont know http://www.nsrealm.com/site/donations.php

cryodog2_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by cryodog2_ns3 »

what does donating have to do with anything? last time i checked donating didnt mean you can complain about servers....

NS 3.5 DM

Return to “Neversummer3.5 North”