Abusive players need not log

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Braticus_ns3
Forum Moderator

Abusive players need not log

Post by Braticus_ns3 »

As the Lead DM for all NS3.5 servers I am growing very very tired of players that feel they can abuse or disrespect our DM team.

While I myself can take the abuse and use it to harden the shell of Brat I can not ask any other DM or player to tolerate such nonsense. Therefore its my belief that any player that disrespects a DM in shout should be told to take it to tells where it can be dealt with or ignored. Once its in shout a DM has to deal with it for the benifit of all the players on so here are my suggested guidelines;

1st shout - ask the player to remember the rules governing shout (language, respect of others or what ever the infraction)

2nd shout - warn and boot the palyer

3rd shout - get screenshot of CD key and information and ban for 24 hours while you send all the information to the Server Op for a perma ban.

This is a typical escalation of events but may be escalated in a matter of a minute if the player is abusive towards a DM or the DM team, we are just not going to tolerate such behaviour. Our DMs and Devs put in way too much time and effort into the Mod and its servers for the players and deserve nothing less then the respect they have earned.

Does that mean that players have no recourse if they disagree with the actions/inactions of a DM? By no means it just means they are expected to handle it in an appropriate manner. While I am known as a hard DM most that have encountered me know me to be fair and if a player PMs me with a complaint or question reguarding a DMs actions they always get looked into and answered.

**copied to all NS3.5 servers
Braticus

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”