The map to end all troubles

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Dave blythscum_ns3
Pk Bait

The map to end all troubles

Post by Dave blythscum_ns3 »

I mentioned it the other day on the server and got no joy , but does any one know if there is a navigation map available any where for Never summer, im so sick of getting lost and if any one out there has taken the time to produce one i would be realy greatfull if they could let me know, i realise its a long shot but my sense of direction is very poor, and im sure theres an old D&D player out there like my self, who never got out of the habbit of Mapping every where and every thing. It would help a lot of people if there was one and i know some people out there might see it as cheating, but there are so many of us navigationally challenged out there, have a heart.
"stand still son and put this apple on your head, now where did i put that crossbow and blindfold?" William Tell the disastrous and short lived come back tour.

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

NS is unmappable I seem to remember.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

Dave blythscum_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by Dave blythscum_ns3 »

That sounds like a challenge for some one out there..........
"stand still son and put this apple on your head, now where did i put that crossbow and blindfold?" William Tell the disastrous and short lived come back tour.

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

people have tried. by the time they get 1/4 of the way done, they already know the mod, don't need the map, and quit.
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

A true map of NS 3.5 will look something like a klein bottle.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

Even from the very beginning, Coastal Road would have NS stuck smack bang in the middle of it. Unless it was cleverly constructed to miss it and hug the City Wall.

Then where is Nexus on the map, or LP? Where is Spephitat in comparison to Undermountain in the geography of the world, even though their entrances by portal are so close together.

I've often thought about turning some of the NS Mod into a D&D gameworld but then you start thinking about other things. In a tabletop game you can;t just have things spawn at random, for example the orcs in North Road, what do they do when they are no tending that fire. online we don't care, they are dead before you have time to think but for a campaign setting each creature needs a home. Why would that many dragons just stand in the same spot if they know here is a dragon of opposite alignment just 50paces north of them? The Dragon Guardians live in a cave where the only entrance is 6 foot tall, how do they get out to feed or mate?

Even in Menzoduran there must be a "changing of the guards".
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

he Dragon Guardians live in a cave where the only entrance is 6 foot tall, how do they get out to feed or mate?

Remember, children play this game. Therefore, the dragons don't mate, and the young dragons appear whenever the stork feels like it. :lol:
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

JesterOI_ns3
PKer

Post by JesterOI_ns3 »

That stork better watch out, I'm doing my best to put him out of work! :D
If I learn to use signatures and avatars correctly, I may be allowed to have one again one day.

LOL!!! Not again... <shakes head>
But!!! Don't punish my av for the sins of my sig!!!

DM Solon_ns3
Pk Bait

Post by DM Solon_ns3 »

I personally gave mapping an attempt a few months ago. It CAN be done.....if you ignore the laws of physics. You can make an appendix for the areas you use a portal to get to, but there are bigger problems. Example: there is ZERO room for hadden mirk. i mean none. at all. There are a few other areas like that too.... The only POSSIBLE solution is yet another appendix. i was up to XXIV when i gave up.... While it is possible (again with aenough appendix's: spelling, i know...) the end result will get you lost more than the actual world.

Kell Of Neversummer_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by Kell Of Neversummer_ns3 »

It can be done. I have a map for NS 3. I have added some of the new areas, but not many. Basically it has 3 layers, one being the surface layer, one the underground and one the Nexus and areas reached thru it.

The hardest part of the original ns3 map was the time it took to find and verify all the transitions.
Your servant,
Kell, Retired Senior Councilor of †GoN†

"We have met the enemy and he is us"

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

Where'd you put Melencia?
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

Kell Of Neversummer_ns3
Wiki Editor

Post by Kell Of Neversummer_ns3 »

Haven't put the new Melencia in yet.
Your servant,
Kell, Retired Senior Councilor of †GoN†

"We have met the enemy and he is us"

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Hex-kalibur_ns3 »

:lol: ouch :lol:
*Google is our Friend !!!

Acara_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by Acara_ns3 »

i've got a 3.5 map.. not all the new areas though..
wen al great heros are sleeping invisibel creatures wil kill them , and so it will be =)

Vallart_ns3
Noob

Post by Vallart_ns3 »

The mapping can be done :p Its not as hard as you may all think. When out of space, adjust your scale ;P I mean, so what if there isn't actually space for the enchanted forest? The server gives you zone lines.... it doesn't tell you how much distance each zone line covers :p
stretch out where you need it, and you can make a map :p

And yes, I am mapping out the server as i hunt through it ;p even though i have a general idea, its still nice to have precise directions when heading to the old trade route :p
Great minds think alike. Unfortunately, so do small ones.

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”