(MT)

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

DM ex Machina wrote:ah, but when everyone's flailing away with their lowbie weapons, your spells will deal the same damage the usually do, no matter your gear

That maybe so, but I got killed by a sewer bat before!!! lol. Took me 10 minutes to kill 3 of them then the last one got a lucky hit.

I might start possessing my familar to clear out maps for me and then gather up the drops. No XP from it but my familiar is a lot harder than I am at the moment and it's like an extra life.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

Razarr69_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Razarr69_ns3 »

What time are you on? Best bet would be to get some other (MT)'s to group with you! I usually send a shout asking if anyone wants to play an (MT) toon when I get on. Usually you just get stupid looks (if that can be done on NS), but occasionally you can actually get 1-2 people to switch over. I agree though, the first couple of levels are a pain to attain. But once you get 2nd lvl mage spells you should be able to kill most pests easily enough. I'd advise getting you essence gear before trying the sewers. Killing that fire dude should be possible between you and your familiar.

One question though, when your familiar dies, does it kill you through the backwash damage??

dave blythscum
Noob

Re: (MT)

Post by dave blythscum »

Hello

Strange thing happend during the crash of east the other day, i spent some time on north with ragnar and wyrmy and some brand new toons with no legacy gear, now im just going to come right out and say it, but it was some of the most fun ive had in ages. I found myself really excited when i found a +2 ac ring, and was even grateful for robes of essence when we finished the said quest. I got to revisit some of the areas i havent been to in years (litraly). It really was a change. no grinding of low lvl toons, along the same old areas that myself and others are normally guity of. Now with this revelation in mind I'm setting out a challenge to all the old and the bold players on east (you know who you are) start a (MT) tagged toon as stated in the above flame, follow the rules no items from the donation box and no gear from other toons and get your arses out there adventuring.

And with that im off to start my rediscovery of NS, your welcome to join me.

Dave The ........(MT)
I am not a NOOB i am a free man............

DM ex Machina
Wheres the donation box?

Post by DM ex Machina »

The nice thing about the (MT) way is the same thing I discovered playing low magic servers: once you have to delicately balance a lot of items that only have one property, you begin to realize *exactly* what everything does and how every bonus affects the engine, meaning you wind up coming back to full NS-type gear with new insights and interesting unorthodox gear combos. (of course, PvP does the same thing--worrying about whether your fort's too low to save on a dev crit suddenly makes you quite conscious of the fact that saves exist, something you can usually ignore when you have a bunch of immunities).

dave blythscum
Noob

Post by dave blythscum »

hello

Just a quick update, managed to convince 5 other players to start (MT) toons yesterday and i can safely say we all had a blast. I dont think the sewer area has had that much traffic in living memory, and there has now been somuch mail delivered to avendale there is a postal back log. you forget playing normally, how much of a nail biting experience NS is when you dont have uber gear out the starting box (and how easy it is to get turned in to a puddle of blood and snot at a moments notice) . At this rate the server will be over run with (MT) toons within the week.

come on join in you know you want to.

Dave....(MT)
I am not a NOOB i am a free man............

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Welcome to the fun. I don't tag my toon, but they all are lvled that way - my current lvl 36 toon on north (the only toon I'm lvling at the moment) is still wearing some lvl 1 gear because I haven't found anything better for him yet.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”