The Chosen Test Server

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
computergui
Noob

The Chosen Test Server

Post by computergui »

For those of you still around, I've made the original TC Test server available for download. It's been years since it's been updated, so gear isn't accurate. But it does allow you to test and tune builds, and even test them out against some familiar friends.

To download

http://www.thecrawfords.org/TCTS.mod

Plop it in the modules directory, and test away.

Mars

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Re: The Chosen Test Server

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

I used this for several years to test builds - a nice module.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Maybe we do know something about building after all :)

Maybe 2 megs is ai and dmfi compiled script, yeesh, what's that 1/2 meg conversation? I'll have to look at later, but that must have been beyond awful to put together.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

LOL
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

computergui
Noob

Post by computergui »

Lokey wrote:Image
Maybe we do know something about building after all :)

Maybe 2 megs is ai and dmfi compiled script, yeesh, what's that 1/2 meg conversation? I'll have to look at later, but that must have been beyond awful to put together.
Hey Lokey.

Actually, it wasn't beyond awful, and it was never meant to be anything other than something to use for testing. In fact, it was sort of me throwing a bunch of stuff in there from several places for grins and giggles. I actually sort of enjoyed it.

I don't ever remember critisizing your building, the simple fact that I'm still around after all these years is a testament to how great the mod is. Just thought I would offer this up to those few players still around.

But I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

Mars

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's just something I notice. Back in the day, ns3 was running terribly, mod size was over 200MB with less content than now. I knocked most of that off by pulling the .ndb files (compiled script with debug info that wouldn't help us, that flag was on by default in a few patches) and redoing the loot spawning.

Always good when someone makes something cool available, don't make my curmudgeonly posting style imply elsewise :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

computergui
Noob

Post by computergui »

Lokey wrote: don't make my curmudgeonly posting style imply elsewise :)
No implications at all. I'm a bit curmudgeonly myself..

It's been nice to see the 3.5 community is still around. It's not uncommon to see 15 players on East these days. Games of all kinds come and go, but NS is still one of the best gaming experiences around (IMHO).

You wouldn't hurt any of our feelings if you dug the game and tools out of mothballs and added a new curveball or two ;)

Mars

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”