Direct connect for 3.5 East?

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
blindfire54
Noob

Direct connect for 3.5 East?

Post by blindfire54 »

Hey guys, trying to start playing again but when I connect to GameSpy, I don't see the list of servers. Is there a way to direct connect and bypass all that stuff? I found an IP address for it on these forums but it didn't work. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, I can't believe these servers are still alive!

I'm using the GOG install of the game right now, not sure if anyone has had a definite negative experience with those.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Direct connect for 3.5 East?

Post by Lokey »

It needs to be patched, I forget if it's win/english only or not.

http://www.nsrealm.com/public/ns/viewto ... 8#p1043308 has connect info.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

TheCozof91
Noob

Re: Direct connect for 3.5 East?

Post by TheCozof91 »

You can create a direct connect shortcut to NS3.5 from your desktop :D

My target looks like this: "C:\GOG Games\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition\nwmain.exe" +connect 32.212.97.100:5121

To create a desktop shortcut under Windows, the following procedure maybe used. (Borrowed/stole this from http://nwn.wikia.com/wiki/Desktop_shortcut)

1) Right-click an empty space on the desktop, then select "New..." and "Shortcut".
2) Navigate to and select nwmain.exe, often at C:\Neverwinter Nights\NWN\nwmain.exe, then click "Next".
3) Enter the server's name.
4) Right-click the new shortcut and select "Properties" (bottommost option).
5) In the "Target" field, enter the following after the program's name: +connect {Server IP Address:Port} +password {player password}
The password is the password to access the server (not the one to access multiplayer) and can be omitted (along with "+password") if it is acceptable to enter the password each time the shortcut is used.
***Note: NS does not have a password and the server IP address is 32.212.97.100:5121***
6) Dungeon Masters who wish to use a desktop shortcut will need to add "-dmc" to the target field, as in
nwmain.exe -dmc +connect 123.45.67.89:5201 +password SecretDMPassword
The Coz can be anyone, anywhere, or anything. It can be nonexistant yet at the same time be the center of existance as we know it.

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”