Pure wizard build help

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Maxthatfireball
Noob

Pure wizard build help

Post by Maxthatfireball »

Ok so before anyone judges me, I'm aware of the bonuses of multiclassing and what not. I have under tanks and stuff, what in trying to do Is build a pure wizard . I am level 21, I have all the normal wizard feats, nothing to do with combat except combat casting, up to this point I have been doing well, but now I'm at a point where I'm a bit too squishy, and monsters I can stand up against are resisting my spells like crazy and I find my self spamming neg energy burst and come of cold. This is not how wizard wa designed to be played or is it how I want to play it. I'm looking for a little advice on wizard tactics, and maybe some tips or jansouts as far as how to gear him, he is really stuck at level 21, thanks in advance for any help or interest .

If the spelling and grammar is jacked up its because I wrote this from my phone, in a tree stand, in the rain... Lol

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Pure wizard build help

Post by Lokey »

You get the spell pen feats. You specialized illusion because everything is mind-spell-immune and you have perma-haste. ESF evo and necro though fang loves to just say no to those schools a lot.

You should be able to DBF halls of dead til bored or 28, whichever comes first. Your next 30 minutes should be spent... :) Path to Paradise should be pretty doable though the clers will suck if you can't put them down fast. Path to EC has plenty of things you can squish at that point as well, dragon realm stuff is plenty killable with spells (don't tell Fang).

Single class isn't so bad (40 commoner if the class were selectable would be fine), the problem is gear selection and eating crits.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Maxthatfireball
Noob

Post by Maxthatfireball »

forgive me, what does DBF halls of the dead mean?

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

delayed blast fireball works great inside halls of the dead area...where draco is
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”