Old Timers Come Back !

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
MorriganSmith
Noob

Old Timers Come Back !

Post by MorriganSmith »

Well, I am back playing NS, been about 5 years or so. Good to see some old faces. If you are an oldy but a goody, look us up on East !

Frain
Frain

Old TK Member from West
Old DM from Central
Looking for Old Timers!

Dr_Fangorn
Developer

Re: Old Timers Come Back !

Post by Dr_Fangorn »

Holy crap, Frainy, what dragged you back to the fold?
----------
DM Fang
Co-Lead, NS 5
Developer, NS 3.5
Server Op, NS 3.5 North

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Welcome back!!!

I'll be late getting on tonight and tomorrow - RL is interfering - but I'll be around to say hello!
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

MorriganSmith
Noob

Post by MorriganSmith »

good to see you last night Fangy!!! :)

There is something pure about NWN1 , D&D ya know. I cancelled my WOW account, done with the evil Borg that is Blizzard.........until they finish Diablo3 . :)

Do you guys mind if I started a Neversummer Facebook group ??? Thinking maybe I can find more old timers that way?

Let me know. :)
Frain

Old TK Member from West
Old DM from Central
Looking for Old Timers!

Hockerbrecht
Noob

Post by Hockerbrecht »

I started up a new toon 2 days ago, miss North and my old toons and it has changed an awful lot but has been fun re-discovering some old haunts....Finding new ones, and those that have been reworked.

Just a damn shame i couldnt get my old North Toons on East as its the only server left alive.....

All it needs now is Modred and Throst to have some Ewok Banter with ;)
Sundancer - NS North
Phar'Lyn - NS North

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

Good heavens... is Neversummer still around?!

I just noticed the old forum link whilst cleaning out some of my old bookmarks. I'm seriously considering re-installing now.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

We never went away!!
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

Well, I was bored, so I re-installed. As usual with an almost 10-year-old game, the Gamespy list of servers isn't working worth a damn (and it definitely isn't my firewall), so I'm giving a direct connect with ns35east.servegame.com a try. Wish me luck!

[edit - Nuts. Would anyone happen to have the correct numerical IP address & port, so that I can try to direct connect?]

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

The Ip changes about once a week, so it really isn't much help. Gamespy does seem to work well.
DM Sun Tzu

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

So, I disable my firewall - no change; switch off the hardware firewall in my wireless modem - no change; replace my wireless modem with my old DSL modem - no change; re-attach my wireless modem, but manually open the necessary ports - no change.

Then I remembered I had installed Peer Guardian years ago when I was still using file sharing.

Ahem.

[edit - So close! I don't get the "try another nick" message, but the list isn't updating. Grrrrr...]

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

The current ip shows as 99.60.17.153:5121
DM Sun Tzu

AkiyoSandyCEGB
Noob

Post by AkiyoSandyCEGB »

Hello, all! I saw this forum about a week or two ago, right after I FINALLY got internet at my house in the country. I played NS servers for quite a while back at the old house in the city, but had to quit when we moved, in June 2009. Back then, there were still discussions on the site about whether or not to delete old toons that hadn't logged in a while. :(

So, I opened NWN and logged in to NS 3.5 East, my personal favorite of the NS series, and sure enough, my old toon Marie Joyner was gone, so I needed to make a new character. Eh, fine with me! So I played for a while by myself, died a few times, nearly made second level. I logged out for the day.

I came back a day or two later AND ALL OF THE SERVERS IN THE GAMESPY ARCADE WERE GOOOOONE. I fiddled with everything from my comp to the modem, refreshed several dozen times, and decided it was down. Rinse and Repeat several days in a row. Then, after some Internet research, I found out that GLU, a publisher of "Freemium games" and whatnot, had acquired GameSpy sometime in August, and shut down multiplayer services for NWN and NWN2, among other games. TWO DAYS after I FINALLY got Internet? NOOOOOOOOO!!! :cry: :evil:

After some more research, I found out that some dedicated fans had put together something to keep multiplayer servers up. There is a list of multiplayer servers still up for both NWN1 and NWN2 at www.nwnlist.com , and directions for how to connect.

Since then, I've been playing on a lovely server called Aventia 3 Merged, but I REALLY want to play on NS again. I haven't seen it in the Neverwinter Vault for download, so I'm hoping that the devs and DMs haven't given up on it, and can put it up to play again. NS and the wonderful people there was always what I missed the MOST when I was disconnected in the boonies. So... please? :mrgreen:

-AkiyoSandyCEGB

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

NS3: 99.108.88.157:5121 (do we have a dns for it?)
NS4: ns4.nsrealm.com:5121

We're waiting and seeing on what community stuff shakes out (proof of concept is done, works in game), should have something easy enough for you guys to do in a few weeks.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Caldar Rhysk
Noob

Post by Caldar Rhysk »

Anybody got any idea if the IP is still current? Another old timer coming back to revisit some old haunts!

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

Use this link

http://www.nwnlist.com/

It gives both nwn1 and nwn2 servers - the NS servers are under NWN1 PW Action

Welcome BACK

8) :lol: :P :lol: 8)
DM Sun Tzu

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”