Taking on The Great One

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
DM Sun Tzu_ns3
Forum Moderator

Taking on The Great One

Post by DM Sun Tzu_ns3 »

I talked about this in game. When I first started playing NS, we took on The Great One with dwarven equipment at level 20, since that was the highest level (HoD wasn't out).

How many of you are up to that challenge?

The rules are:

1. Toons will be tagged with -G1-

2. No gear better than dwarven. This means anything that is obtained by going thru the Void or Giant mountain is not allowed. The only exceptions are items that can be obtained by going thru the dragon lands, across Rainbow Bridge, or from the elemental plains. The veterans realize why these exceptions are allowed.

3.However, G1 and Sabar gear are not allowed. After all you are going to kill G1 to get G1 gear and you need G1's head to get Sabar gear.

4. Any toons caught with illegal gear, even while leveling, will be deleted without notice.

5. Maximum team size will be 4.

6. As soon as you have a team ready, notify me and we will make arrangements to challenge The Great One.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence.."

DrakhanValane_ns3
Arrogant Snob

Post by DrakhanValane_ns3 »

I say make it Sunken gear instead. That would make it an older school challenge.
"Some people might say love merely has a learning disorder, but no. Love is just stupid. After all, millions of angst-ridden teen poems can't possibly be wrong." -- R.K.Milholland

All Hail the Mighty Pettsson!

"So cheap and juicy!"

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

You're definitely old school, DV...I revamped all the Sunken gear with a refresh of the Undersea areas about 4 or 5 months back. Its not so older school anymore. ;)
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

TGPO_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by TGPO_ns3 »

Want old school ?

Nekkid Solo'ing of Dwarves at level 20.

Better yet, who can tell me what was in NS Sewers before rats and such.
The Great and Powerful Oz
Do not attribute to Evil what stupidity can adequatly explain

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

How about naked G1? I used to do that back on Central. Now THERE'S a rocking good time.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Gtu_ns3
Noob

Post by Gtu_ns3 »

I remember the old sewers :D If I didn't get killed by the fire breath I was rewarded with a Robe of Light from the chest.... ahh good times.

Killim1_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Killim1_ns3 »

With all the super, duper, ubber players out there that are always happy to give advice........I find it hard to imagine this challenge went unaccepted. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I may have to leave http://www.nwnealms.com/ for a few days to round up some old timers and provide some entertainment for the wicked.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

3lric of M3lnibon3_ns3
Noob

Post by 3lric of M3lnibon3_ns3 »

Your challenge seems a bit unclear. Are you proposing that people build 20th level toons to fight old G1 or new G1? It would hardly seem old school taking on the new g1 with old gear and 20th level toons against the new G1 thats 60th level and seems to have alot more damage resistance not to mention epic spells and spell immunities.

I seriously doubt a 20th caster can break the spell resistance of a 60th level cleric. And we all have seen people post how thier bulletproof gaunts are ineffective against G1, with that much damage resistance I dont think many weapons less then triton can hurt the new G1 even in the hands of a weaponmaster.

Also is G1 going to run her normal mindless AI? Or will it be a DM controlled G1? I think any DM with 3 epic spells and a bunch of divine energy rays that do 350-400 points of damage each would make short work of 4 level 20's.

Other things about your challenge:

1.) Lich king, Elemental lord, and the Keeper are dropping updated gear is this gear allowed? It would seem appropriate since all of the orignal armors have been significantly nerfed since thier introduction.

2.) Will the DM be supplying enough XP for 20 levels?(you might get more takers if you did)

3.) Are scrolls allowed?

4.) How many heals will G1 have?

DM Sun Tzu_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Sun Tzu_ns3 »

The first party that is going to try is going to consist of 4 toons, going up against the current G1. We will see how they do. It will be current gear that drops. However, the elemental Lord is a new addition, so his gear will not be allowed.

As for supplying xp,, hadn't thought oabout that but I can consider it.

Scrolls? Sure, but none of the epic spells.

As the number G1 heals are random, I can't answer that question. I will not add any to whatever he has.
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence.."

gandulg_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by gandulg_ns3 »

will G1 be reverted to her old stats for this chalenge?

DM Sun Tzu_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Sun Tzu_ns3 »

DM Sun Tzu wrote:The first party that is going to try is going to consist of 4 toons, going up against the current G1. . ..

No.
DM Sun Tzu

BigTripleee_ns3
Noob

Post by BigTripleee_ns3 »

This is the guy that is always whining about dying, right?

-the new guy
:D

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

She's a She.
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”