Build help

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Forte_ns3
Noob

Build help

Post by Forte_ns3 »

I've been trying to devise something workable for upper level runs, such as Starfall and solo EC'ing, but can't come up with something that survives long enough.

Namely, I'm having difficulties with these:

Critical Hit Monster/Big Hitter
Dragon
Mage

Now please bear in mind I hate sorceror builds, so please don't recommend anything with those in it as a vital part.

Other than that, anybody able to help?

Zarach'_ns3
Noob

Post by Zarach'_ns3 »

1-16 bard
17-20 druid
21-23 bard
24-33 druid
the rest bard with 1 monk thrown in there somewhere

start with 18 wis...rest is up to you dont really matter...take some int for skills and cha if ya wanna cast higher lvl bard spells

put all 10 lvl pts into wis

pre-epic feats--take curse song and extend spell...rest is up to you dont really matter

Edit: forgot about blind-fight...thats pretty much a must-have and improved critical: unarmed translates but you get that for free from maha robes

epic--take first 4 greater wis..this will get you dragon shape at 33. after that make sure you take lasting inspiration, armor skin, and epic prowess

dunno about east but this toon on west can go anywhere alone
Last edited by Guest on Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yeti_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Yeti_ns3 »

7fighter/11Shadowdancer/22WeaponMaster
"What was once rebellion is now clearly just a social sect But are you just upset because your own social clique has left Leave when you want because I know that someday I will too But I wont burn my bridges and be just another jaded fool"

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

Can someone break down for me the buff spells for Clerics and for Sorcs and do a level breakdown for a sorc build?

Is the Sorc build the same as the Clerics, all sorc bar Monk at 22 and 37?

Also I need a heavy hitter, I don't have any chars that can really deal out the damage to any real degree (bar harm on my Cleric), I'm building a Rogue with 84d6 Sneak attack but not sure if it's gonna work well. Might try a Paladin build as well but again, it's a regular NWN build, not NS, I'll have to play round with it and tweak it a bit.

I'd like to get a sorc up and running though so any help would be good.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

Forte_ns3
Noob

Post by Forte_ns3 »

84d6 sneak? The Dev Rogue build? That won't do much good on NS, I've noticed a lot of upper monsters're crit immune, which also makes them sneak immune unless special scripting's on NS for that.

As for a sorc build, http://nwn.bioware.com/underdark/charac ... eress.html appears to be the accepted one on NS, going by the playerlist every now and then.

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

As Yeti said, Ftr/WM/SD is a nice combination. A nice balance between combat and stealth is a 8/16/16 build. You get the benefits of an extra 2 AB from your 13th and 16th WM levels, along with the extra feat at those levels. You also get the ability to get epic dodge and some self conceal from the 16 levels of SD, if you plan the build right. Otherwise, play with the numbers of WM and SD levels depending if you want more hittability or more stealth.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

A good combination of toons if you're into party play is a combat cleric and a combat bardsonging bard. I like 4/35/1 ftr/bard/monk and frt/cleric/monk dexterity builds. The two really complement each other well when fully buffed...just make sure you've got extend spell on both, and the lingering song feat on the bard, and you'll be good to go for a long time.
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

DM Xero_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM Xero_ns3 »

The exalted sorceress build from the bioware site works alright as long as you switch the spell focus: necromancy for the spell penetration feats.

All the spell penetrations are almost a neccessity for a caster IMO.
If I can tranq out just one freak on stilts, I know I've done my job. - Chief Wiggum

Dr_Fangorn_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Dr_Fangorn_ns3 »

Sorcs are for wussies. Same with dragons. :P
------------
DM Fang
Server Op, NS 3.5 North
Developer, NS 3.5

Zarach'_ns3
Noob

Post by Zarach'_ns3 »

fang just add a auto save that'll kill off the dragons ;)

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Dr_Fangorn wrote:Sorcs are for wussies. Same with dragons. :P

AMEN! :lol:

DM FORSAKEN_ns3
Looking for group

Post by DM FORSAKEN_ns3 »

Iris... didnt i recently see you with a sorc on ns4????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The night... has an appetite.

Pros_ns3
Site Admin

Post by Pros_ns3 »

I can't offer build help since I tried to build the EC areas for parties and not solo'ing. Although some toons might be able to solo some areas it is refreshing to see some players challenged by some of the maps.

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

DM FORSAKEN wrote:Iris... didnt i recently see you with a sorc on ns4???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Two things...
1st.- Have I ever stated that Im not a wuss?
2nd.- Dont you have a sorcerer in NS4 as well?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DM FORSAKEN_ns3
Looking for group

Post by DM FORSAKEN_ns3 »

hey!

stick to the topic would ya? this is about you and your wussy toons. not me and mine. 8)
The night... has an appetite.

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”