Shout Rules.........

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
Sir Mohawk_ns3
Noob

Shout Rules.........

Post by Sir Mohawk_ns3 »

Ok I am making this post about the constant shout by many that play here on the shout channel. Most of the shouts I see are by many long time members, talking about anything and everything. The shout channel is not your world to spam everyone with your conversation about res me if you are solo'ing somewhere(if you are alone no one can hear your death scream), howsit going all, did u watch so an so tv show last night, and HEY " Let me tell you a play by play on how my puppies came out and if they was head or tail first (BELLA). As far as I can tell its for short request for info or help and if u get no reply after a shout or two, that probally means no one cares to help at that time. Sine I think most players that shout alot are longtime players( they should know how to use tell or party chat ) and if they are not I know I have told a few to use TELL or PARTY chat to reply. And the DM's have mentioned this a thousand times. I have no problem with the shout channel as long as its used in moderation, heck I use myself from time to time( used very briefly) but lets see some restraint by the players okay. Is there a post in the players journel on the shout rules all by it self?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
~^Sir Mohawk^~

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

*hoists her hammer and waits for the 1.68 mac update*
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

Jawbreaker_ns3
Noob

WOW

Post by Jawbreaker_ns3 »

I cant believe this Mohawk guy is so good at pointing out the OBVIOUS.
SPEAK THE TRUTH OR MAKE YOUR PEACE SOME OTHER WAY.

icywind1980_ns3
PKer

Post by icywind1980_ns3 »

Maybe, but he does make a valid point. People shout the stupidest things sometimes and it gets to be rather frustrating. Perhaps some kind of fine can be imposed on repeat offendors?
Horizon of †GoN† - North Only!
Formerly of East...
Horizon the Dragon-Blooded - Daughter of the Dragon.

Retired
Sorien {CP} - An enigma in her own right
Alexis Dii'makir {CP} - One of Three Triplets

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

Oh yes, everytime somebody shouts we will be removing 500,000 Gold Pieces from his/her inventory. :twisted:

icywind1980_ns3
PKer

DM Iris wrote:Oh yes, everytime somebody shouts we will be removing 500,000 Gold Pieces from his/her inventory. :twisted:

shouts spam that is.. legitimate shouts should be allowed.
Formerly of East...

Retired

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

And mind to share what falls into the "legitimate shouts" category?

Sorry, but "WTB", "WTS", "I need a rez" is as bad as "I just found out today I was adopted" or "my neighbors dog had a thousand puppies" or "its pizza night and Im having ham and pineapple".

WTB - Want to buy gear? Why not go play the game and get it yourself instead?

WTS - Want to sell gear? Why not just give it out for free? Since the gold pieces you are receiving in exchange are not even real? Is it a case of game greed?

Need a Rez - Whats the point on playing if you dont like to die? And if you already have to ask, is because you either have no friends or are new, which in both cases, the respawn button is only a click away.

icywind1980_ns3
PKer

DM Iris wrote:And mind to share what falls into the "legitimate shouts" category?

Sorry, but "WTB", "WTS", "I need a rez" is as bad as "I just found out today I was adopted" or "my neighbors dog had a thousand puppies" or "its pizza night and Im having ham and pineapple".

WTS - Want to sell gear? Why not just give it out for free? Since the gold pieces you are receiving in exchange are not even real? Is it a case of game greed?

Need a Rez - Whats the point on playing if you dont like to die? And if you already have to ask, is because you either have no friends or are new, which in both cases, the respawn button is only a click away.

So then why not disable player shouts?
Formerly of East...

Retired

DM Iris_ns3
Relic Raider

Post by DM Iris_ns3 »

You can if you want to, it has been left to the players discretion.
Neversummer doesnt tell you what to do, it gives you choices instead.

DM PHANTASM_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM PHANTASM_ns3 »

ok sir mohawk has a point! make fun of him or not he is right. and fines of yes i have done it. But i dont take gold that is simple i take a item if it is really abuse but, most of the time if you talk to the person they chill so nothing happens to them. But if the next night they start yup again is a different story they wioll be put in jail at least on north. the #1 thing on the crimes list is disturbing the peace! if you do not know where that is located it is by the DB! shouting is fine if it is a game topic and to tell ppl what you had for supper is NOT a game topic. Shouting for a rez is fine in my books as long as it is not very 5 min respawn it only stings for a second. But i have to say that WTS & WTB gets on my nerves fast this is not ebay.
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.

“Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your @@@ off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.”

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

yush, i've jailed and more.

gimmie a mac 1.68 update, and i'll wade in swinging a club.
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

DM PHANTASM_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM PHANTASM_ns3 »

lol if i could give it to you i would for sure. i wanna see the swinging action of that club!
Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.

“Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them with all your soul. When you go to work, work your @@@ off. When you hate someone, hate them until it hurts.”

Aaron315_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Aaron315_ns3 »

DM Iris wrote:And mind to share what falls into the "legitimate shouts" category?

I think I just fell in love.
Grim Reaper [TC]

Mars: "Sometimes it means taking a stand even though you know the outcome will be bad for you."

hiro_ns3
Wheres the donation box?

Post by hiro_ns3 »

K..all together now midwesters..."take a number, everyone wants to chase her."

:wink: :wink: :lol:

yes, iris is da bomb.

hiro
The difference between you and I, sir, is that when the evidence changes, so does my opinion.

Aaron315_ns3
Newbie Helper

Post by Aaron315_ns3 »

hiro wrote:K..all together now midwesters..."take a number, everyone attempts to chase her."

Fixt!
Grim Reaper [TC]

Mars: "Sometimes it means taking a stand even though you know the outcome will be bad for you."

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”