Events

This is the forum to discuss events on the East server.
KaR_ns3
Noob

Events

Post by KaR_ns3 »

It would be cool by the DM's to start hosting events.Giving Quests,PvPs anything they can think about.Like old times,i think it would rock.
"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm, for love is strong as death, and jealousy is cruel as the grave"
KaR

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Post by DM ex Machina_ns3 »

there's nothing stopping you from hosting your own events
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

cuzz deep very deep inside we still have that "little noob"

KaR_ns3
Noob

Post by KaR_ns3 »

Hehe,its not the same.
"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm, for love is strong as death, and jealousy is cruel as the grave"
KaR

Hex-kalibur_ns3
Looking for group

Post by Hex-kalibur_ns3 »

indeed is not the same...we can't control very well the event ... we have to rely on the good will of the player that is doing the event...i hope next week i will advance with my event =) stay tune ihih
*Google is our Friend !!!

icywind1980_ns3
PKer

Post by icywind1980_ns3 »

I'd like to host an event. If anyone cares to play :)
I have plenty of dm / gm experience.

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

Don't need (and won't get) DM Client access to host an event. Most events can easily be run by a player like:

DM Chair Drop
Hide and Seek
Team PvP
RP Events
Trivia
etc

There used to be a Game Guild that hosted events.
I taste of this server!

It has been remembered please that it has people for backwards of the dolls, and do not like to lose articles so that they had worked.

icywind1980_ns3
PKer

Post by icywind1980_ns3 »

DM ex Machina wrote:Don't need (and won't get) DM Client access to host an event. Most events can easily be run by a player like:

DM Chair Drop
Hide and Seek
Team PvP
RP Events
Trivia
etc

There used to be a Game Guild that hosted events.

Good thing I wasn't asking :P

heh I may do an rp event.. yes... *plans*

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

I'm thinking of doing a Competition:

1st Prize: GP50,000,000
2nd Prize: TBC
3rd Prize: TBC

It'll take me some time to gather the prizes and stuff and mount the competition but keep watching.

(I may need a DM to control a few NPC's during the Event so that items recovered don't go directly to me (people may complain about Eventing to hoard) and to give a better scope to the Event)

It'll be part scavanger hunt, part linear adventure (This is where the NPC's come in)

If it would be possible to do this can a DM confirm/deny accordingly, I've been meaning to do this for ages, now I've got my new PC I can dedicate more of my time to the game.

HeX, don't know if you wanna help me with this, we were talking awhile ago about doing something like this.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

Another one I was thinking about was an orienteering event, but this would take DM intervention as well if possible.

Placing locked chests (Specific Key) around the gameworld as orienteering posts. 3 chests in each location, only one is the correct chest and the key for the next chest is in the previous with a clue to the nexts chests location.

Minimum Level for entry: 25

Required Items:

Undermountain Rune
Elemental Rune

Preferable Items:

EC Pass
All Runes

This will be a solo event (no teaming up unless runs are needed through not having runes/pass) and people found teaming up or passing/recieving information from other competitiors will be disqualified.

Prizes TBC
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:
Dragonshape's also got a nifty "On Shift: Make Fang Cry" effect that's quite nice. :lol:

DM ex Machina_ns3
Forum Moderator

If you want to run your own events, do so within the limitations of the player client.
I taste of this server!

ApacheLQ_ns3
Noob

Post by ApacheLQ_ns3 »

DM ex Machina wrote:If you want to run your own events, do so within the limitations of the player client.

Then please consider these Events as proper DM Events, I have receieved a lot of interest in both of these events already and they do not take a lot of setting up at all.

With the restrictions on the Player console it makes it imposssible to run any kind of Event or Quest that is at all believable beyond a simple team run. In which case Player Events are circulated everytime anyone ever shouts "Is anyone going to EC" or "can someone help me kill Kutty" That's literally all we can do. DM Inervention would be a vital part of any Quest or Event a player would set up. In fact the only thing a player could set up is a Scavanger Hunt, but then said player would be accused of hoarding items and getting other people to get harder and harder items for his char and his alts. This has happened before (accusations) and you cannot take into account every player for their trustworthiness during the organising of these events. There has to be a moderater, a rule master, a Games Master. Same goes for any RPG Game where imagination and initiative comes into play.

Some of the old events here were amazing, really challenging and enjoyable, a lot moreso than the generic "Kill the DM/Wargod" or "DM Chair Run".

I'd hate to see the Events side of this server disappear, it's one of the main things that stood out about the server.
Quote Of The Year:

DM Xero wrote:

Return to “Neversummer3.5 East”